The Feather of Maat

Start a new review of your Possets here or contribute to an ongoing set of reviews of this collection. To start a new review click the "New Topic" button at the end of the section. To contribute, just go into the topic you want to add to and add a new post. Thanks and have fun.

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Feather of Maat

Post by Maya » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:55 am

I'm wearing this one today and came over to check the notes (what I mostly got from it was the apple peel), and when I came over to look I realized this didn't have a review.

Here's the original description: A high keyed but somber blend which makes me think of the dry feather which Anubis used to weigh the heart of the deceased. A dark crystal musk (!) oozes up against a more golden musk, white amber, and a kiss of the volatile part of apple peel. This is a bright fragrance, and alert fragrance and a very beautiful strong blend. It is quite exotic but has a familiar edge to it which is oddly comforting and very attractive.

The musks remind me a little bit of Wraith, but Wraith is softer--the dark crystal musk in this one makes this have an almost sharp edge. The apple peel verges from green to red to green and keeps it from being a single apple note.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!

jackieo
archangel
archangel

Re: The Feather of Maat

Post by jackieo » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:30 pm

Okay. /major sigh

I have fallen in love with another retired perfume. This is so lovely. I'm always drawn to apple scents. :heartrain: