Yule 2012-Dark Revels ASSORTED Reviews

Treading on the dark side but sweeping by with sugar, the Dark Revel Yules were a study in contrasts but with an emphasis on the thick beauty.

Moderator: Maya

tarayvonne
virtues
virtues

Re: Yule 2012-Dark Revels ASSORTED Reviews

Post by tarayvonne »

I passed my bottle of Ruined Reputation on to my Mom, who liked it. It might just be me, I just got this shot of "dank basement" in the beginning that turned me queasy. And clove mixed with other spices doesn't work for me either. I'm sure other people will have more luck, as I said my Mom found no fault with it. Probably just me.
mina
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by mina »

I received my second order yesterday, I'll try to review soon.
The red note in Tryst is something fruity (for my nose) like strawberry or raspberry.
Palmademallorca
mortal
mortal

Post by Palmademallorca »

Delish & Love on my tongue will be perfect for spring and summer. :hrt::
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

The All Chocolate Dinner starts out as the most amazing boozy chocolate! The booze goes away and leaves pure delicious chocolate. I almost didn't get this one, I kind of go back & forth with foody scents, but I'm glad I did. Pink.dot asked about the butter note, I'm not really getting that so maybe it would work for you.

Cambienne Burning Snow is just pretty! Don't ask me for notes, I can't pick it apart. I've got an extra bottle for swap/sale, long story.

Black River, the incense is a little acrid to me at first but calms down nicely.

Bad Habit, the dry down is very nice.

Tried Femme Fatale again and it still is not working for me! *sigh* Soapy oude? WTF? OK, drying down, soap is going away. There might be hope.

Sorry for being so vague but I should know better than to try more than two new scents at a time.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
Gemma
archangel
archangel

Post by Gemma »

Trying Cambienne Burning Snow today. At first, this scares me a bit. The red musk smells soapy and sharp when wet and I was really worried it wasn't going to work but I made myself stick with it. As it dries, it softens into a beautiful resinous blend. I am terrible about picking out individual notes so all I can say is that this smells expensive and feminine. The resins are soft, not too strong or in-your-face, and there's almost a vanilla base here, which I think is the mix of ambers since it reminds me a little of Gabby.

The throw is excellent for the first 4 hours or so and then it starts to fade. Worth reapplying, though! This is a lovely, womanly, and sophisticated scent with a snuggly drydown. What more could you ask for? :)
tarayvonne
virtues
virtues

Post by tarayvonne »

As usual, my bad luck with Cambienne strikes again. I am Cambienne cursed so far :evil: Burning Snow didn't sit right on my skin and it immediately went in my Mom's Christmas stocking. I think I smell something in this (some common component in both) that I smelled in The Walled Garden that didn't agree with me at all. Osmanthus? No idea. Something similar that bothered me. But I am really perfume picky, and it's likely everyone else will love this. I have trouble with a lot of perfumes so if I get a winner I'm lucky. So no reflection whatsoever on the perfume itself, again it's just me, my crazy skin chemistry, and being really picky. The day a Cambienne works on me and I love it I'll be doing cartwheels through my house from excitement! :pom:
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

Got Ribbands, Luminaire, Tryst and Xmas in N.O. for Xmas -- I must have been a very good girl! (Yeah, right.)
If you are into Big. White. Florals! You must try Xmas in New Orleans. Wow!

Loving Ribbands, I think every thing I could say about it has already been said (see other reviews).

Did not think Luminaire would be my thing, was worried about the mint note, but it is lovely! Foody, but not as sweet as you might think.

Tryst... still trying to figure this one out. I like it though Iam having a disconnect between the description and what I smell.

Got a scent locket too! Was I really that good?!

Hope everyone has also been good and have been having lovely holidays!
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne »

I am really digging Meat Candy. :eek: :eek: :eek:
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!
wl552
powers
powers

Post by wl552 »

fabienne wrote:I am really digging Meat Candy. :eek: :eek: :eek:
:mg: I love that one. I'm going to have to get a review up. I think people should not be afraid of this one at all. It's surprisingly sexeh. *waggle eyebrows*
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

wl552 wrote:
fabienne wrote:I am really digging Meat Candy. :eek: :eek: :eek:
:mg: I love that one. I'm going to have to get a review up. I think people should not be afraid of this one at all. It's surprisingly sexeh. *waggle eyebrows*
I would LOVE a review. I keep wanting to snag this one, but have only a few more that I can grab. Having more reviews would help me a LOT.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!