Lovechild - Meltbaby

Treading on the dark side but sweeping by with sugar, the Dark Revel Yules were a study in contrasts but with an emphasis on the thick beauty.

Moderator: Maya

gypsyjolie
principalities
principalities

Lovechild - Meltbaby

Post by gypsyjolie »

Cherry, coconut, and rose. What a wonderful combination to which I add a bit of extra secret wonderfulness. I think you will find this to be a perfume you will have a hard time putting down. It's very sexy and feminine.

Va Va Voom!

wet: rose and coconut, and an undertone of Cherry Chapstick. This is nostalgicly sexy. Smells like what I'd imagine a 1940's pinup girl with red lipstick and victory rolls in her hair to wear.

drying on skin: This does smell like cherry Chapstick - even a bit waxy. It adds an element of fun. The rose is a bright, happy, dewy red rose - it reminds me of the rose in Texas. The coconut is not distinctly noticeable any more. The rose seems to be taking over.

Full drydown: Romantic (non-soapy) fresh red roses and a hint of something youthful/playful. This is not a candied scent but it is floral-sweet. It's lush and dewy and youthful. It's playful and innocently romantic. The roses do take over so you'll have to like roses to love this scent.

Big happy voluptuous throw. Super feminine!
Last edited by gypsyjolie on Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. ~ e e cummings
simonetta_vespucci
mortal
mortal

Re: Lovechild - Meltbaby

Post by simonetta_vespucci »

ahh, thank you for posting something rare - a review that helps me think i don't need a perfume after all! :) i was interested in the combination of elements in this one, but if it is mostly rose, i will probably leave it for the rose lovers. with maybe just a twinge of what-if.
mina
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by mina »

I don't really love rose but I really really love this.
The rose is predominant, I don't smell the coconut or the cherry, but it's not a simple foral scent.
I totally agree with everything gypsyjolie said.
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

When the rose takes over, is it a powdery rose, or is it like sniffing a fresh flower?
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
gypsyjolie
principalities
principalities

Post by gypsyjolie »

The rose is not powdery or old-fashioned or soapy or "fake" at all. This is not a "classic" perfume - it smells like real rose petals. I know, I compared it to my real roses I got for my birthday yesterday!
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. ~ e e cummings
tarayvonne
virtues
virtues

Post by tarayvonne »

This smells very similar to my ultimate favorite rose perfume from Wiggle called Buxom but with the addition of something suave like suede I think. There is some sort of well hidden suede/leatheresque quality underneath, or perhaps its just the combination of other elements giving me that impression. This is a tea rose I think, as well instead of a heavy hitting, deep old fashioned rose. This is a fresher, more tart rose (a younger, more youthful rose). And a yummy sweet vanilla. I get almost no coconut which I was worried about. Maybe just a hint of it. I really like this. I was about to go buy another bottle of Buxom but now I don't need to. Very comparable to my nose. A bosom scent, for vava voom girls. Something to wear with red heels and a skirt :)
Last edited by tarayvonne on Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lulu
archangel
archangel

Post by lulu »

I don't get fresh roses from Meltbaby at all- I initially get rosewater and pastry, like Middle Eastern cakes. The cherry and coconut are absent for me and it dries down to sweet rosewater, almost Turkish Delight territory. It's heavy on the roses and light on the sugar however, which takes it out of sickly-sweet foody territory: I think this is why I have worn it a lot since it arrived! Very addictive :hrt::
AthenaRose
mortal
mortal

Post by AthenaRose »

This is similar to the rose in Isabella, but with cherry-coconut chapstick instead of honey. Very cute and young smelling. Not old lady rose at all. This rose is more wet/creamy on me. Meltbaby is ringlet curls and bangs with a cute hairbow rose.
gypsyjolie
principalities
principalities

Post by gypsyjolie »

I pulled out my Meltbaby decant to re-test in order to consider my Retour order. I still love this scent. Love the girliness of it, and it's such a surprise because I can't stand rose perfumes usually. I love the waxy/musky Cherry Chapstick aspect of this scent and the cheerful coconut/vanilla sweetness.

Fabienne keeps convincing me that I can wear what are death notes from other perfumes (clove, rose, lavender). What a wonder she is!
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats »

Excellent! That confirms that I did the right thing in adding it to my order. :leaves: But am I going to wish I'd ordered a 10 ml...?
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.