Femme Fatale

Treading on the dark side but sweeping by with sugar, the Dark Revel Yules were a study in contrasts but with an emphasis on the thick beauty.

Moderator: Maya

Gemma
archangel
archangel

Femme Fatale

Post by Gemma »

One of the darker mysterious blend Possets has created, this one is like the beautiful and fabulous Dark Lady of Shakespeare's poems, that woman who trails by and leaves her divine scent in her wake. This brilliant perfume positively shimmers, is very long lasting, and is very strong. Your lover will smell it on his clothes and think of you. Two kinds of oudes (a white one and a black one), a dark and zesty grey musk, and a lashing of aged patchouli but not so much that it's characteristic scent overwhelms, this time patchouli is relegated to being a surprisingly tame supporting player which adds more suavity than swagger to Femme Fatale.

I'm terrible at picking out individual notes but I will do my best!

Initially, this smells like really good incense; Nag Champa and sandalwood, actually. It's a little sharp when wet but warms up considerably as it dries. Within a few minutes, this becomes a wonderfully dry, resinous, and womanly scent. There's something soft and a little sweet in the base, which I think might be the grey musk. The oudes smell a little like soft cedar to my nose; warm and woodsy. The patchouli note is very light. Usually, I amp patchouli like crazy but this stays in the background, making the scent a little dry and 'perfumey'.

The throw is absolutely amazing! I have been wandering around all day in a wonderful cloud of resinous deliciousness! Even now, if I hold my wrist to my nose, I can still smell this beautiful scent.

Just gorgeous. I love it. :pom:
amberosmanthus
archangel
archangel

Re: Femme Fatale

Post by amberosmanthus »

OK, I expected I'd like this one, but if Gemma likes it I might as well just go place my order now. ;)
Gemma
archangel
archangel

Post by Gemma »

amberosmanthus wrote:OK, I expected I'd like this one, but if Gemma likes it I might as well just go place my order now. ;)
:lol: You won't regret it!
gypsyjolie
principalities
principalities

Post by gypsyjolie »

wet: something greenish and sharp, vetiver? and some kind of musk.

drying: This is mysterious, and a bit foreboding. The zesty musk is stone-like, sharp, and dry. This scent feels dark and damp, like a secret tunnel. The musk has a hint of anise to it, definitely grey musk. It is sweetening slightly on my skin.

Full drydown: Oh hello, oude. Pretty, I see what Fabienne means by white oude. It's the familiar almost leather-y scent of oude, but fresher and brighter somehow, while still soft and insistent. This is a powerful woman. The musk sweetens a bit more, hinting slightly to something more feminine under this oude armour. This is a serious woman.

This could be unisex, even masculine on my skin. It's strong and confident and definitely a power scent. It's only very very lightly sweet. It has wonderfoul oude throw, with hints of black pepper and anise (tiny hints), and that dry stony musk. The patchouli is light and combined witht he oude to make a leather-ish or woody quality to this. This is a scent for a warrior woman.

I'd think this was more suited to a power suit than a va-va-voom Femme Fatale cocktail dress, so I am not sure the scent matched the description for me. It's not as much sexy as very confident and powerful.
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. ~ e e cummings
Gemma
archangel
archangel

Post by Gemma »

My husband LOVES this! :) He usually tells me how good I smell but rarely asks for the name of the scent. He asked after this one and comments every time I wear it.
Floria
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by Floria »

Woody incense and peppery spice, but it sweetens up enough on the skin to be wearable. A bit exotic, but with a certain brisk no-nonsense quality at the same time. This is more of a pencil skirt and Italian pumps scent than a bias-cut satin dress scent. Despite the name, I can actually see this as potentially unisex, depending on one's tastes and skin chemistry.
simonetta_vespucci
mortal
mortal

Post by simonetta_vespucci »

Floria wrote:Woody incense and peppery spice, but it sweetens up enough on the skin to be wearable. A bit exotic, but with a certain brisk no-nonsense quality at the same time. This is more of a pencil skirt and Italian pumps scent than a bias-cut satin dress scent. Despite the name, I can actually see this as potentially unisex, depending on one's tastes and skin chemistry.
daaaammmmmittttt..... had talked myself out of this one, but "pencil skirt and italian pumps" ! oh noes.
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

simonetta_vespucci wrote:daaaammmmmittttt..... had talked myself out of this one, but "pencil skirt and italian pumps" ! oh noes.
Heh, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one being snagged by that line.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne »

Great and true image!
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!
j3nesis
a spark
a spark

Post by j3nesis »

Floria wrote:Woody incense and peppery spice, but it sweetens up enough on the skin to be wearable. A bit exotic, but with a certain brisk no-nonsense quality at the same time. This is more of a pencil skirt and Italian pumps scent than a bias-cut satin dress scent. Despite the name, I can actually see this as potentially unisex, depending on one's tastes and skin chemistry.
Slight thread necromancy here but I just dug up my bottle of FF (bought new in 2012) and I wanted to write a bit about it. The patchouli has come out a bit more with age and the whole scent is much darker than it was new, a bit less sweet for me than above, wanted to quote Floria's point of "brisk no-nonsense quality" as that's certainly true! A lovely scent, deep and sexy without being overt and throw-yourself-at-him (if you see what I mean?), more about confidence and self-awareness. It has some throw but doesn't fug the room. The woods lend it a certain unisex quality.