Havoc

Treading on the dark side but sweeping by with sugar, the Dark Revel Yules were a study in contrasts but with an emphasis on the thick beauty.

Moderator: Maya

wl552
powers
powers

Havoc

Post by wl552 »

One of my favorite quotes has always been,"Cry 'havoc' and let slip the dogs of war..." What is true in war is doubly so in love. At first it's a sharp and pungent whirl of incense augmented with a backdrop of banana, sandalwood, black carnation, and black musk put it all together into one great and passionate blend. Perfumy, resinous.
-----

In bottle and for a minute fresh on my skin, I'd swear this smells like old fashioned bubble gum. But that sticky sweetness burns off pretty much instantaneously. What's left is the dark, resin-y black carnation musk. The sandalwood is in the back grounding the whole thing. It's turned into a sort of dry, unisex scent I like very well.
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Havoc

Post by Maya »

Can you tell what kind of incense is in here, or what kind of incense you can compare it to among other Possets?

Thanks for the review. It's one I've been looking at. :)
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
wl552
powers
powers

Post by wl552 »

Maya wrote:Can you tell what kind of incense is in here, or what kind of incense you can compare it to among other Possets?

Thanks for the review. It's one I've been looking at. :)
I wish I had better scent memory. All I can really say is it's on the dry side. :( I'm sorry.
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

wl552 wrote:I wish I had better scent memory. All I can really say is it's on the dry side. :( I'm sorry.
That's okay. It was worth a shot on my part to ask. :)
gypsyjolie
principalities
principalities

Post by gypsyjolie »

wet: banana bubblegum. WOAH! Sweet!

drying: The bubblegum scent dies back very quickly. I think it was the banana. Now I smell the sandalwood, and the clove-y carnation, and some smoky incense, like a candle just blown out.

full drydown: Smokey incense (like sandalwood incense cones), powdery soft sandalwood, and the creamy, clove-y carnation. It's lightly sweet. It is a cousin to Issota & Sigismundo, but much more grown-up and complex. It's lovely, though I wish there was more throw. I think carnation fans will like this one. It's not strongly incense-y and the incense doesn't go soapy. This is soft, hazy, creamy.
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. ~ e e cummings
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

In the bottle: Hmmm this may be a problem. It smells like the incense that is in Scarab, and that one didn't work out well for me. This incense is mixed with a bit of bubble gum (almost Doomed Loveish, but not quite).

Wet on my skin: Banana bubble gum and Scarab incense--which often goes to dryer sheet aisle in a Mexican Tienda on me (somehow it always manages to get a pinch of the fresh corn tortillas in there).

As it dries: Oh booo. The incense is rushing forward, grabbing my nose hairs, and strangling my sniffer. I refuse to scrub, I refuse to scrub, I refuse to scrub!

As it dries further: Is there hope, perhaps? The incense seems to be fading some. It smells head shoppy to me, like several different cones that have been lit and left to die out on their own, with perhaps a faint smudge of candle wax. The bubblegum has faded down to the background to provide a gentle sweetness.

Dry on my skin: I get a smidge of what may be sandalwood, a touch of sweetness, and...I can't help it, dryer sheets in a Mexican Tienda. :gaah:

I will try this one again in a few days, but I have a feeling this incense is going to stamp a big ol DENIED on my skin.
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats »

This is gorgeous, powerful, sexy stuff! I'm so glad I grabbed it during retour. At first I can detect the banana, which I'm not wild about, but soon all the notes start harmonizing together beautifully and I can no longer pick out individual ones. I love the incensy spiciness of this, and the depth (maybe from the black musk). It's still sweet, though, which I like. It's the kind of fragrance that makes me think of a femme fatale--exotic and a bit wild--and it's fun to pretend while I'm wearing it that I'm that sexy and fearless. :grwink:

ETA: This brightens/lightens up a little on me as it continues to dry down, and I think the carnation and banana are helping keep the incense and sandalwood on the femme and sweet side. It's still got that wonderful depth and heft, though. Really, really beautiful. :hrt::
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.