Temptation

Treading on the dark side but sweeping by with sugar, the Dark Revel Yules were a study in contrasts but with an emphasis on the thick beauty.

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Temptation

Post by Maya »

Possets description: "A beautiful blend of osmanthus, violet, cream musk, and a bit of a very unusual apple essence. A stunning combination of the borderline foody with the deeply perfumy. A fine combination which shows off the more insidious side of love. Floral, fruity, creamy."

In the bottle: I get the violet, the apple, a bit of something that comes across as a flowering tree, and a very creamy vibe.

On my skin: Mmmmmm. Pretty! This immediately opens up and blossoms. The violet smooths out and reminds me of the violet in Silver Violets--not too strong. The apple drops down to provide a really interesting base. As it shifts, I'm getting a slight bandaid vibe, but I think I'm getting it more so from the apple as it works toward holding the whole and not because I think there's something in here with that band aid note. The cream musk is so feminine and soft here.

As it dries: This is a pretty and happy fragrance. It has a very nice lift to it that is making me smile just sniffing it. Even though it comes across as bright and innocent, there's something about it that speaks of skin and pleasures and spontaneous naughtiness.

As it dries further: This is not a heavy fragrance, but that's not to say it disappears. It's light and airy and happy, and comes across as fresh. It is an appealing fragrance that I think would wear well in any season--although it feels perfect for a beautiful spring day with blue skies, white clouds, and a meadow of grass bending softly in the breeze. What you do in that meadow on a blanket with your loved one is your business. :wink:
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
lulu
archangel
archangel

Re: Temptation

Post by lulu »

Maya, I'm wondering about the apple note in this, is it very prominent or does it just lend a sweetness to the rest of the components? Even though I like it, there are some wierd apple notes out there in perfume land....... :wink:
amberosmanthus
archangel
archangel

Post by amberosmanthus »

I'm sure Maya will respond but I figured I'd give my 2 cents. I find the apple lends a sweet tanginess to the fragrance. It isn't overwhelming or weird. In fact this blend manages to be sweet, tangy/fruity, smooth and creamy all at the same time. It is very cheery like fresh squeezed apple juice on a sunny spring morning (but with a lot more going on too). My daughter loves this one. This and Sweetbaby are her faves.
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

lulu wrote:Maya, I'm wondering about the apple note in this, is it very prominent or does it just lend a sweetness to the rest of the components? Even though I like it, there are some wierd apple notes out there in perfume land....... :wink:
I agree with amberosmanthus. The apple in this is more of an apple peel essence at first application, but begins to drop down immediately to provide a soft and sweet tang. For me, it tends to get caught up in and wrap around the violet so they push/pull each other and provide similar but different notes (I hope that makes sense). This is definitely no APPLE fragrance. It doesn't scream apple, and if you didn't know apple was in here, you might be hard pressed to really pick it out. However, sniffing closely will bring (for me) a tart green apple vibe--but like I said, it does a lot of dancing with the violet to give a sweet but tart base. As noted, in the dry down, it comes across as very tart/tangy, but smooth and creamy, and a bit sweet all at the same time.
lulu
archangel
archangel

Post by lulu »

Thanks Maya and Amberosmanthus, was hoping it would be more tart and green instead of red. Sigh, another into the cart...... I pretty much collect anything with violet in it anyway, but am trying to show some restraint this year!! :rofl:
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

lulu wrote:I pretty much collect anything with violet in it anyway, but am trying to show some restraint this year!! :rofl:
I think that's a lost cause around here. :s:

:lol:
AthenaRose
mortal
mortal

Post by AthenaRose »

I find this one similar to Corona Borealis in that candied violet feel but with apple instead of grape. If you like that one, you should probably try Temptation. Especially now that Corona Borealis is all sold out and gone forever *sniffle*. :violin:
Floria
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by Floria »

Fresh violets and a very sweet mixed fruit note (probably the osmanthus and apple being reinforced by the musk - musks tend to emphasize the sweetness of fruit blends to my nose.) The violets have a slight dewy quality, without being aquatic, that adds a little freshness and coolness to balance out the sweetness. It's something for the first warm weather of spring, when it isn't at all hot yet, but you can at least go outside wearing something that wasn't chosen for its ability to stave off hypothermia.

In a way, this reminds me a bit of Pet Magah Bird from BPAL (another violet + sweet fruits combo I got a decant of this year), but Temptation's not as candy-sweet.