Bad Habit

Treading on the dark side but sweeping by with sugar, the Dark Revel Yules were a study in contrasts but with an emphasis on the thick beauty.

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Bad Habit

Post by Boudicca »

Possets description:
You like those bad habits, don't you? What could be better than sneaking a furtive smoke, peeking in places which you know are private, savoring a bit of gossip, or an unnecessary nightcap. This is a real good example of slightly wicked things to enjoy. It's all very very grown up and not a bit of sugar in sight. The very best frankincense has been aged until it's a very dark, thick and syrupy brew indeed, combine this with a drop or two of galingal, a small amount of potent orris root, and bring the whole thing up with a twist of pink pepper. The result tries hard to be hard but ends up having a totally vulnerable edge to it which I found to be confoundedly attractive. Just like a bad habit, it's hard to stay away from Bad Habit. Resinous, dry.

Give me a minute to edit & review...
(Technical issues as usual, sorry. But Iceni Warrior Queens aren't meant for technology I guess.) Review to follow, give me half an hour or so... suppertime.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Bad Habit

Post by Maya »

Tease. Taking lessons from Fabienne, I see. Heh.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

Maya wrote:Tease. Taking lessons from Fabienne, I see. Heh.
Lol! If I'm going to take lessons it might as well be from the best!

Ok, so Bad Habit started out on me witha spicy/herbal note that must be the galingal (had to Google that one) which made me think vetiver but NOT vetiver, I believe it's related to ginger? (Forgot already, oh well.) I'm also getting the pink pepper (love it) towards the beginning and maybe it is the interaction of the two that was making me think vetiver? Calmer than straight out vetiver. Then I am getting some lovely, "soft?" orris root underneath. I love me some good orris! It melds well and I am thinking without it, things may have been a little sharp. I thought the frankincense would be likely to take this one over, but no. Probably the aging smoothing things out? I get it but more as a supporting note. Actually, all the notes seem to be blending well to me.
It's kinda sexy, kinda sassy, yeah maybe a little wicked. Wicked fun.
lora
primordial
primordial

Post by lora »

I just rec'd this one. When first applied the pepper is pronounced but thankfully burns off as it dries. (I'm not a huge pepper fan). I do love Frankincense and this is a love blend of beloved frankicense as it dries with the orris softening it a bit and making it smoother. As stated, the pepper drops to the back and it smells really good dried. I agree it's a sexy blend.
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

Wearing this today, it has a note or combo of notes
that I am loving but can't identify. No, I am getting some now... screw it! I'd rather sniff my wrists than type.
There is something about this one that makes me crave it sometimes.
Anyone have some they would like to sell/swap?
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

Curses, curses, curses! Knocked over the bottle. First time I pulled that stuff and it had to be an LE
Stars and Stones! Things are not working for me. I think I'll go hide under a blanket for a while.
(I'll be better Monday. ) Put my mail on hold but I'll fix that tomorrow. Or today. I know I have a package waiting. :heartrain: