Love on My Tongue

Treading on the dark side but sweeping by with sugar, the Dark Revel Yules were a study in contrasts but with an emphasis on the thick beauty.

Moderator: Maya

lulu
archangel
archangel

Love on My Tongue

Post by lulu »

Possets description-"You would never think of strawberries in the dead of winter, they would not be the same as the still warm sun kissed beauties which grace our tables in high June BUT you can dream of what it would be like to enjoy something so indestructibly sunny, just as a mere glimpse of the warmer times, but yet mixed with all the charm of the winter seasons. Fetching and unusual, a strawberry and snow blend."

In the bottle it smells of an intense strawberry concentrate, but with an edge to it.

Wet- this goes on a bit plastic-y, I think the snow is affecting the strawberry.

Drydown- Snow notes and I don't seem to agree with each other generally, they tend to amp and go super-ozoney. On my skin, this blend goes a bit harsh and chemical-like. The strawberry is sweet but unfortunately smells fake and when I sniff up close something makes my eyes water. I am sad about this one not liking me but sometimes snow notes calm down after they have aged a bit. Might try this one again in a few months but hopefully it works better for others. :sad:
Palmademallorca
mortal
mortal

Re: Love on My Tongue

Post by Palmademallorca »

On my skin it's one of the rare strawberry that no smells fake. Chemistry.... :roll:
For me it's iced strawberry. I can really smell the smell of the snow :cool:
AthenaRose
mortal
mortal

Post by AthenaRose »

Candied strawberry and toothpaste-ish mint. Spearmint or wintergreen, i'm not sure, but it's got that toothpaste mint vibe to me that almost makes my teeth feel fuzzy when i smell it. The two scents together in this blend is very much like strawberry gum. Not soft gum, but those hard flat square gum that were wrapped in comics.
katiushka
archangel
archangel

Post by katiushka »

I really, REALLY love this!! I received a sample from a lovely person here, and tested it today. This one's on my next Retour list for sure :D

I'm getting real strawberries, rounded out with something comforting: a slight sprig of wintergreen for freshness, but not toothpaste. It gives it a bit of a wintery feel. No candy vibe; just really good stuff.