Meat Candy

Treading on the dark side but sweeping by with sugar, the Dark Revel Yules were a study in contrasts but with an emphasis on the thick beauty.

Moderator: Maya

wl552
powers
powers

Meat Candy

Post by wl552 »

A very wicked concept which sounds too far out BUT I actually did see a bacon and chocolate candy bar for sale at Fresh Market! I noticed the smell and it is ineluctable. Sigh!
---

In bottle: chocolate with a breath of smokiness.

On skin: the same note as in Tricky but with a lovely sweetness wrapped around that smoky bacon. Mmm!

Dry: This is serious business now. Super sexeh. A musky chocolate-ish aura that just works. It makes me want to swoon and melt at the same time.

Chocolate has always been an iffy note on me, but here it behaves oh so nicely. Fabienne nails the nuanced smoke of fried pork perfectly. I know it positively because this morning, we fried thin sliced ham for breakfast and I caught a whiff as I was biting it. A direct deep sniff of the real thing and a sniff of my wrist... it's like she captured the smoke off the pan and injected it right into a vat of chocolate. Pretty amazing.

The smoke aspect blends into the chocolate though and creates that musk vibe that's so edible. I have to hard core resist noming my own arm. :wink: Straight up, I'm wanting a second bottle and I will be voting for this to go permanent.
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Meat Candy

Post by Maya »

I was soooo not sure about this one. Some chocolate goes plastic on me, and I wasn't sure about the meat. You had me at smoke.

OMG. Must. Order. Bottle.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
wl552
powers
powers

Post by wl552 »

Maya wrote:I was soooo not sure about this one. Some chocolate goes plastic on me, and I wasn't sure about the meat. You had me at smoke.

OMG. Must. Order. Bottle.
I hope you like it. :) I think it's a total sleeper hit, but if it happens to not work for you, your bottle can have a home here. :mg:
lulu
archangel
archangel

Post by lulu »

I am so tempted by this, but I never have success with chocolate! Out of curiosity, is it darker or more creamy milky?
AthenaRose
mortal
mortal

Post by AthenaRose »

I would describe the chocolate in this one as dry... like cocoa powder. Almost a musty chocolate because of the combination of smoke and salt. It smells like the colour of a worn out leather boot. I find this rather masculine. Dry and savoury. Dusty chocolate cowboy? Yep, that's what i smell.
wl552
powers
powers

Post by wl552 »

lulu wrote:I am so tempted by this, but I never have success with chocolate! Out of curiosity, is it darker or more creamy milky?
I don't get any bitterness that I would associate with dark chocolate in this, but I'm not really sure if I'd call it milky or creamy. The smokiness of the bacon note is so infused into the chocolate it's in its own category.

I'm trying to remember... I think the only other chocolate I've been able to wear really well (besides Meat Candy) is Conjure Oils' Chocolate Cat. 99% of the chocolate notes go horribly bad on my skin.
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

AthenaRose wrote:Dry and savoury. Dusty chocolate cowboy? Yep, that's what i smell.
Must. Have. MUST. I think my knees just went a little weak.

I can't grab anything for another week, and I am having such a hard time keeping my hands from clicking on these!
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
wl552
powers
powers

Post by wl552 »

Maya wrote:
AthenaRose wrote:Dry and savoury. Dusty chocolate cowboy? Yep, that's what i smell.
Must. Have. MUST. I think my knees just went a little weak.

I can't grab anything for another week, and I am having such a hard time keeping my hands from clicking on these!
Maya, I can't wait to read what you think of it. :D
sillageslut
archangel
archangel

Post by sillageslut »

I haven't decided whether I like this yet. It is sweet, smokey & savory chocolate with peanuts on me. It definitely smells wonderful, I'm just not sure I want to wear peanuts.
Meat Candy would be an incredible room scent. I'll give it a full day to settle and try again. Maybe I'll have a bottle to sell or swap to someone who loves to smell like a yummy chocolate bar, not sure if that is me.