Pizza Per Colazione (Pizza for Breakfast) Yule 2012

Treading on the dark side but sweeping by with sugar, the Dark Revel Yules were a study in contrasts but with an emphasis on the thick beauty.

Moderator: Maya

amberosmanthus
archangel
archangel

Pizza Per Colazione (Pizza for Breakfast) Yule 2012

Post by amberosmanthus »

Pizza Per Colazione (Pizza for Breakfast)
From the catalog:
"Another of the wicked foodies, how about a bit of pizza pie for breakfast? Heh, if you missed out on the limited version of this one from a fast food company, trust me, my homemade version is better. Quite Sicilian and with a bit more spice and spunk than they have (and not alcohol based, either). I think you will be amused."

I'll try to do it justice. It is an interesting one. At first whiff I get well-done pizza dough with some herbs and spices. It has that not-quite yet charcoal whiff - just a whiff. It doesn't change much as it dries, though it does soften and round out into more bready crust and loses the charcoal. The herbs and spices continue on through, maybe oregano, a little pepper, some rosemary? It really has an Italian feel. I like it and at the same time I'm not sure I want to smell like it. It feels like I've spent the day in the kitchen and spilled pizza on myself somewhere. :rofl:
AthenaRose
mortal
mortal

Re: Pizza Per Colazione (Pizza for Breakfast) Yule 2012

Post by AthenaRose »

:s: :gnome:

This is the only posset that has ever made me nauseous. It made me feel queasy, when i sniffed it, but i thought, oh i'll give it a chance and see how it plays out on my skin. Bad idea. My skin made it even worse. I had to scrub it off. Even then i felt a little ill for a few hours after, and lost my appetite. This was the day i got my order, so maybe it was travel shock, but i'm scared to even open it again because i've never felt so repelled by a perfume oil before. It didn't smell anything like pizza to me either. More like those weird stink bombs kids used to set off in high school, maybe with a touch of herbs. I dunno, i couldn't put my face anywhere near it to find out what the subtle notes were. Pizza that was forgotten in the corner of the fridge for too long, maybe.

I hope nobody else has the nose/skin reaction i did to this one.

*edit* Maybe it was some sort of stinky cheese. Fabienne, did you put stinky cheese and anchovies on my pizza? :rofl: