The All Chocolate Dinner

Treading on the dark side but sweeping by with sugar, the Dark Revel Yules were a study in contrasts but with an emphasis on the thick beauty.

Moderator: Maya

Floria
preternatural being
preternatural being

The All Chocolate Dinner

Post by Floria »

Bring on the milk and dark chocolate and while you are at it, haul out the rum to wash it all down. Make that a rum toddy, with a nice fat pat of butter in it.

My skin tends to eat chocolate notes, but the dark chocolate in this comes through wonderfully - it's a rich, molten high-cacao bittersweet chocolate bar. The milk chocolate doesn't come through so well, which isn't surprising - my skin tends to eat or flatten out lighter chocolate notes - but it provides a sweet backdrop to the dark stuff. I didn't get any booziness from the rum, or a strong buttery note. My mom said it smelled like baking chocolate chip cookies, which suggests that the rum toddy comes through as a "butter and brown sugar" effect, although I didn't really notice it much.

This is definitely a scent to try if you want to smell like CHOCOLATE.
Boudicca

Re: The All Chocolate Dinner

Post by Boudicca »

I really like this one, though sweet/foody stuff is rarely the first thing I reach for. It does start out boozy on me (rum, I wrote about this one in a different thread). The booze burns off and the chocolate is dark &/or bittersweet, but really high quality. Don't think I got the butter.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
AthenaRose
mortal
mortal

Re: The All Chocolate Dinner

Post by AthenaRose »

Desert. The decadent kind that makes you tipsy. Rich chocolate rum balls... with a heavy dose of rum. The kind where it wouldn't be safe to drive if you ate one. At least, it wouldn't be safe for me to drive. Like has been mentioned, the alcohol burns off quickly, but it keeps the rich chocolate aroma. This is rich, moist intense chocolate... nothing dry or dusty about this chocolate. This is a chocolate lava cake, dipped in a milk chocolate fountain, with chopped up rum balls sprinkled over it. With some dark fudge sauce on top.