Henry VIII and Jane Seymour (Valentines 2013)

All the great fragrances from Valentines 2013 should be filed here. This includes the Couples scents and Henry VIII and His six Wives, too.

Moderator: Maya

Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Re: Henry VIII and Jane Seymour (Valentines 2013)

Post by Petticoats »

I've patch-tested this one three times now, and I keep putting off a review, thinking, "I'll review it when it's had a chance to rest more and I can really get the sense of it." I'm starting to think it may just be a scent that's so gentle it'll never give me a great big signboard what to write!

It really is lovely--such a soft, mellow blending of these pretty notes. The hawthorn gives it just a gentle blossomy waft, and the red musk offers just a hint of berry-ness. It's beautifully feminine without being overly sweet or overly anything, really; on me, none of the notes seem to dominate to a great extent. A skin scent on me, but quietly persistent. I would love it if it had more throw, but even at its low volume, I delight in the little wafts I get from it. So pretty!
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.
jackieo
archangel
archangel

Re: Henry VIII and Jane Seymour (Valentines 2013)

Post by jackieo »

I forgot how lovely this scent is. I was a little apprehensive with this scent because it has amber in it. Amber typically goes powdery on my skin, but I'm able to wear this amber. It will be my number 1 repurchase during the next retour. I need a big bottle of this.