Rhett and Scarlett

All the great fragrances from Valentines 2013 should be filed here. This includes the Couples scents and Henry VIII and His six Wives, too.

Moderator: Maya

sthenno
preternatural being
preternatural being

Rhett and Scarlett

Post by sthenno »

Well, fiddle-dee-dee, this is a floral with no breaks! Straight out of the Old South and strictly for those who love feminine fragrances. "Confederate" jasmine, dark red rose are sweet as sugar, a drop of Northern violet (as a tribute to Mr. Butler), and a bit of spilled sweet tea. Rhett and Scarlett escape being cloying and end up being daring and sexy. Unforgettable!
Wet: SOUR APPLE JOLLY RANCHER! Seriously, it is so strange but this is what the smell reminds me of.

Drydown: The rose is in the trunk, it is that hard to sort out. A teensy bit of jasmine in the back seat but I cannot tell what the main note is. Maybe the sugary sweet tea? Violet? It smells like dirty floral candy now :heluvme: I can't tell if I will like it later or not. It isn't the thing for me at the moment, just not feeling it.
Floria
preternatural being
preternatural being

Re: Rhett and Scarlett

Post by Floria »

The one standout floral in this, to my nose, is the violet. It's not a pure violet scent by any means, but everything else is fairly blended into the whole and doesn't stick out. It's sweet, and a bit sharp, with an occasional slightly sweaty undertone (which might be a skin chemistry thing, as I picked it up more from the outside than the inside of my wrists.

My parents both thought it smelled like classic old-fashioned perfume, so if that's the kind of thing you're interested in, this would be worth checking out.
FrenchWaffle
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by FrenchWaffle »

Just got my bottle today (buy three, get one sale) and probably should have waited a bit for things to settle before testing but waiting is for losers...
In the bottle: sweetness! With some earthy floral lurking in the back.
wet: sticky sweet floral (jasmine? rose?), a very faint hint of a tea note, then the florals overwhelm things. Very heady in a good way (note to self: use only a drop next time). I think Sthenno was right, this kind of reminds me of the apple jolly rancher (briefly).
dry: The rose slowly comes out more. For a bit it wobbles between a sweet rose and a pickle-ish rose (some roses notes do this on me, it's very sad). This seems kind of earthy to me, as if I was gardening (rose/jasmine still growing in the earth).

The end...? : The next time I try this one out I think I will use a smaller amount, it is a very potent blend on me. All in all, not my favorite, but I think I will hold on to the bottle I have. The next time I try this out I will update this post.
"Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don’t plan it, don’t wait for it, just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair or two cups of good hot black coffee." -Twin Peaks
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

"but waiting is for losers"
LMFAO!!!
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats »

I approached Rhett & Scarlett with some caution, since I'm not a huge floral person (unless they're the kind that are drenched in spice, amber, oakmoss, and the like), and violet sometimes does nasty things on my skin, but this is really enjoyable. There's a lush and kind of fruity (almost tangy or grapey) quality to the sweetness, but it's tempered, perhaps by the tea, so that it's not oversweet. I also get the earthy note mentioned by Frenchwaffle. The humidity is certainly appropriate for the Atlanta locale. It's feminine and cheerful without being wispy or cloying. It's also got great strength and throw--like Scarlett, it's no shrinking violet. I can definitely see myself wearing this come springtime in Georgia.
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.