Helen and Paris

All the great fragrances from Valentines 2013 should be filed here. This includes the Couples scents and Henry VIII and His six Wives, too.

Moderator: Maya

sthenno
preternatural being
preternatural being

Helen and Paris

Post by sthenno »

He was the spoiled and handsome boy-man who conned three goddesses. How could she refuse? She was the most beautiful woman in the world. They eloped together and sparked the Trojan War. Hers was the face that launched a thousand ships, he was to pay for her with his life. One of the most famous and well told stories of love and madness. Read the Odyssey by Homer for all the juicy details. The mad intersection between succulent fruits and sticky resins, melon and nag champa, sandalwood and citrus and cedar. Fabulous, wear this and be Helen.
I think, from what I have read, a lot of people are getting a strong melon note from this. I get a lot of the resins, sandalwood, and nag champa. Particularly sandalwood. I love melon scents and I can smell the melon but it is NOT strong. It adds an earthy sweetness to the headier notes. It reminds me of a popular perfume but I can't place it. Very lovely!
thesibylqueen
archangel
archangel

Re: Helen and Paris

Post by thesibylqueen »

Sadly, this has a kind of Bath & Body Shop sort of feel on me -- the fruit is ambigu-berry-ish with just enough floral feel to come off as soapy. Wet, the ambigu-fruit was very strong, but as it settles on me (now about two hours in), it has just this soap-y, floral-y feel. For whatever reason, my body isn't amping all those lovely resins. Sadness!
My swap/sell list as well as my wishlist: http://www.possets.com/talking/viewtopi ... 1491#p1491
amberosmanthus
archangel
archangel

Post by amberosmanthus »

more reviews on this one? anyone?
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

I echo what amberosmanthus asked. Any more reviews? I'm tempted, but not quite there lol.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!