Michelangelo and Tommaso dei Calaliere

All the great fragrances from Valentines 2013 should be filed here. This includes the Couples scents and Henry VIII and His six Wives, too.

Moderator: Maya

wl552
powers
powers

Michelangelo and Tommaso dei Calaliere

Post by wl552 »

He was the genius sculptor, the giant among artists and a man who had to keep his true nature hidden. Tommaseo was one of many young men toiling in the workshop of the great man. Their passion kindled but its flame had to be kept secret, and so it was. Tommaseo was the model for the central figure in The Last Judgement in the Sistine Chapel, and held the hand of Michelangelo at the very end when he breathed his last. Though a great secret, the sweetness of that liaison has lingered to this day, seen openly in the beauty and grace if Michelangelo's works. The most sweet of sugar, honey, brown sugar, and a touch of fig fresh from the tree at full ripeness. Foody and divine.
---

In the vial: a wonderful, warm butter rum. (that's what my nose makes of the notes, anyway.)
On skin: the same. Rich, decadent, and gooey. That delicious, sweet foody that IS Possets.
Later: this stays pretty true to form. There's an aura of sweet, buttery rum rolls that wafts up and makes me smile.

Usually, honey and sugar do not play nice on my skin. I'm talking 99.9% of the time. M and T skip right along that border of turning scorched bandaid on me. Riiiiiight on the border. So close in fact that I'm pretty certain my hormones would affect this differently on any given day. But yesterday, they kept their toes on the right side of the line and it was good.

I'm waffling on a bottle purchase because of the risk of burnt sugar, but I really want this because butter rum! (mm!) and it's Michelangelo and Tommaso. ^.^
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Michelangelo and Tommaso dei Calaliere

Post by Maya »

Do you get much of the fig from this?
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
wl552
powers
powers

Post by wl552 »

I'm not very sure what fig alone smells like. There's nothing fruity at all in this to my nose... it's all a butterscotch-y/butter rum type scent. I must amp something... it's almost single note.
Floria
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by Floria »

This smells a lot like the rum toddy note in The All Chocolate Dinner. Or BPAL's Miskatonic University without whatever turns it to dust on my skin. Very sweet, very foodie, with a bit of a brown toasted quality to keep it from becoming cloyingly syrupy, and a bit of something that smells kind of musty or dusty on my skin. (Not like the food has gone off - more like eating cookies in an antique store or old house.) The fig isn't really obvious as fig, but I think it might be what's anchoring this and keeping it from turning into pure syrup. My mom said it smelled like cookies and pipe tobacco.
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

Cookies and pipe tabacco? I so wish you had not said that because now I want it!

I should probably explain, some pipe tabacco smells awesome! Back in the days when one could still smoke inside bars I was a bartender at this little neighborhood bar & grill. One afternoon a couple of gentlemen came in and the one fired up his pipe. A little later this lady came in and asked, "What is that wonderful smell? Are you baking cookies?"
Also, my dad used to smoke a pipe; his study smelled great.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

Boudicca wrote:Cookies and pipe tabacco? I so wish you had not said that because now I want it!
I know! I'm feeling somewhat aggghhhhish over this lol.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!