Victoria and Albert

All the great fragrances from Valentines 2013 should be filed here. This includes the Couples scents and Henry VIII and His six Wives, too.

Moderator: Maya

jackieo
archangel
archangel

Victoria and Albert

Post by jackieo »

"An English Queen and a Saxon prince. She had to propose to him! It was the rule, if you were the sovereign, you had to be the proposer, and so she was and was accepted by Albert. He was the love of her life and though he died and she was forced to carry on without him, his love was the one thing that the Queen would submit to. In honor of their various titles, I have combined the rose of England, the resins of India, with the woods of Germany to equal a sexy and yet happily conventional perfume which magically has the power to set your heart racing in the properest and least controversial of ways! It is the sort of fragrance which seduces with its shear beauty instead of having to show off its knickers, yet is just as intense and irresistible as a love charm."

If you like a honey rose scent this one is for you. Unfortunately, it does not work on my skin.
Last edited by jackieo on Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
magpie84
a spark
a spark

Re: Victoria and Albert

Post by magpie84 »

On me, this starts out as a fresh (almost soapy) rose with a hint of spice/woods in the background. The beginning and middle stages remind me of a rose-scented soap or lotion. Later on as it dries down, I get more of the spice and wood.
Floria
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by Floria »

Fruity rose with a slightly sweet, spicy blend of exotic notes that reminds me a bit of Over-The-Rhine. There's a bit of chewy sweetness reminiscent of pipe tobacco, which is quite appropriate for a Victorian scent, but it isn't strong or smoky. The throw seems to be fairly strong. I can see this as a potential unisex blend, oddly enough, at least for a guy with cooperative skin chemistry who's comfortable wearing rose.
allegro_barbaro
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by allegro_barbaro »

As I sat down to the organ tonight the choir started to sniff. Where was the smell of curry coming from they wanted to know? Perplexed, they sniffed until one looked straight at me and said 'it's YOU'. I offered up my wrist for inspection and her suspicion was confirmed. It was then my turn to be perplexed....surely it was a rosy chypre I detected when I applied V&A before leaving the house. Granted there was a hint of spice but not enough to conjure the wafts of masala that encircled my angelic singers? Warm, snuggly and comforting and most definitely unisex.
"Look like the innocent flower, but be th' serpent under't"
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

One I thought would smell good on me based on the spice, and chypre, which I thought would keep the rose in check. Unfortunately, no. I should have gone with Henry & Boleyn. The rose in this one turns into the old rose powder grandma used to wear, and the spice and chypre seem to make it smell stale and old. My skin makes what should be snuggly and lovely, into horrible old, rank, rose. *sigh*