Void

The wonderful collection of fresh spring fragrances paying homage to the wonders of Sacred Geometry and the system of beauty.

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Void

Post by Maya »

Possets' description: Void--The heart of cold proud springtime. Deceptive simplicity. Sandalwood acts as a seductive and earthy base for a bed of grapefruit and refined grapefruit expressed oil to lie down on. Very cerebral seduction going on here, where foody actually provides the cold logic, and unusual task and aspect. White and pink grapefruit, a concentrate of grapefruit which is meant to make it last longer than the lilt of fleeting topnote. Sharp and insistent but loaded with charm. I constructed Void to mimic the vacuum of deep space where Sacred Geometry begins. Without the void, there can be no geometery. Foody, resinous, dark, almost unbearably sophisticated.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
Boudicca

Re: Void

Post by Boudicca »

What can I say about this one? It starts out GRAPEFRUITGrapefruitgrapefruit. I started noticing the sandalwood after about 20 minutes or so. By then the grapefruit has apologized for its initial outburst and the two play nicely together. I am getting a sort of "void vibe" now that I think about it, lol. It's quite lovely, but quiet. Now that we are FINALLY getting some warm weather here I can see it getting a good bit of wear. I think it would be great to layer with a beachy fragrance, or even some florals though I tend to back away from anything described as "fruity floral". Not a lot of throw, but I didn't put on very much this AM. I think I need to try slathering because if I sit here at work all day with my wrist at my nose people are going to think I'm weird. If they don't already. So maybe I shouldn't worry about that. But I'm really enjoying it. It's kind of a skin scent on me at the moment. Hmmm, interesting.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
jackieo
archangel
archangel

Post by jackieo »

The only note I'm getting is grapefruit. Unfortunately. I wish the sandlewood would play more.
gypsyjolie
principalities
principalities

Post by gypsyjolie »

wet: Beautiful crisp refreshing grapefruit. Mouthwatering!
drying: still very grapefruit. no sugar.
full drydown: Grapefruit over a light elegant sandalwood, pale and not too powdery.

I'd wish for a bit more sandalwood but the grapefruit is gorgeous and energizing. A spa scent.
Feminine, low throw, not a strong lasting scent but surprisingly good for a citrus scent.
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. ~ e e cummings
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

I also was hoping for a little more sandalwood. I recently aquired a bottle of Tam Dao (Haute Look had Diptyque 50% off earlier this month, I don't think I'd pay full price). I've got Void and Tam Dao going on togther and it's gorgeous! This combo will probably be very popular with me this summer.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds