Point

The wonderful collection of fresh spring fragrances paying homage to the wonders of Sacred Geometry and the system of beauty.

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Point

Post by Maya »

Atropos wrote:Gosh darn it! I am trying to keep the list short! You're not helping! :rofl:

I'm sorry. (*Giggles like crazy.) I really am. :angel:
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

ROFL! Horns are tilting your halo to the side. :grin:

I do want to thank you Maya. I love the notes, and the perfume in the sample. But when it hits my skin? It turns all floral fruity perfumey to the max. Not for me. My skin chem makes it smell like a department store perfume. Skin chemistry is so fascinating. We are all so different, even if we're related. On my mom, Point would turn into something lovely, I can tell. This is her kind of perfume.
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

Atropos wrote:ROFL! Horns are tilting your halo to the side. :grin:

Skin chemistry is so fascinating. We are all so different, even if we're related. On my mom, Point would turn into something lovely, I can tell. This is her kind of perfume.
And here I thought I'd hidden the horns so well. :grin:

Skin chemistry continues to fascinate me. What works on one person. What doesn't work. How it shifts from one person to the next. I love it.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

So happy I got this one! I got Void first and wondered how many grapefruit scents I needed. They are different, though the one sort of seems to build on the first.
Void is cool and much more straightforward than Point, Point is warmer and more complex. (Yeah, from the notes ya'll probably figured that out but I'm not trying to tell you how to suck eggs.)
Both are obviously "grapefruit" at the beginning yet it's different grapefruit. Can't explain. Not yet at least. It does come off as "perfumey", but in a good way.
Decent throw, but that may be due to the weather -- finally warmish and a little* humid.

I shouldn't attempt to review when hubby is in the room. Once I put down the tablet I might get some peace.
:eyeroll:
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
allegro_barbaro
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by allegro_barbaro »

This one actually reminds me of Mele Kalikimaka but with an added spicy kick. It opens very grapefruity and fizzy but that burns off within ten minutes leaving a warm, resiny drydown. I think this will suit these end of summer days when a citrus lift is needed to get ready for the day followed by an untypical depth that helps the illusion that there is still some warmth from the weakening rays of the sun.
"Look like the innocent flower, but be th' serpent under't"
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats »

Oh, my, that sounds wonderful. I'm so sorry I didn't discover Possets earlier and missed this collection!

Off to add another fragrance to my decant/froppet want list... :)
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats »

Picked this one up on retour. The first time I tried it, I found it kind of overwhelming and masculine. The second time I started with a smaller amount, and that made a big difference--it's much more femme when I don't over-apply! Point is a very clean and fresh fragrance, rather like what I associate with spa-oriented bath and body products. Definitely more perfumy than fruity. It would be really refreshing in hot weather.
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.