Spirogyra

The wonderful collection of fresh spring fragrances paying homage to the wonders of Sacred Geometry and the system of beauty.

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Spirogyra

Post by Maya »

Possets' description: "Lime, lemon rind, grey musk, and African Musk, a small touch of fir and a few drops of geranium. This is a bright blend which creates an aura of freshness. Great for anyone who has to work with the public or who likes to work out and wants to project freshness without projecting a harsh kind of clean. This is a versatile and winsome perfume. I love the way the musk and citrus played in the final version. Named after a beautiful algae which arranges itself into the neatest spirals and is green."
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
thesibylqueen
archangel
archangel

Re: Spirogyra

Post by thesibylqueen »

This smells like an expensive shampoo to me, and I mean that in a great way. You know, it's sunny out and you've had your hair done, and every time you turn your head, you catch a whiff of your shampoo and it's bright and pretty and clean. The musks -- I suspect the soap or shampoo notes I'm catching -- are cool but not watery or icy. I think I can't catch the citrus, but I do think I get an edge of fir and geranium -- nothing overt, but giving it a bit of that clean, outdoorsy (not woodsy) background.
My swap/sell list as well as my wishlist: http://www.possets.com/talking/viewtopi ... 1491#p1491
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

The geranium makes me nervous. I tend to amp florals. :gnome:
gypsyjolie
principalities
principalities

Post by gypsyjolie »

This is like lemon-lime soda meets a beautiful evergreen fresh breeze. Fresh, tangy, bordering on (pretty) room freshener on me. Ever so lightly sweet. Dry. Low throw but long-lasting. Would be good on sweaty summer days or at the gym.
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. ~ e e cummings
thesibylqueen
archangel
archangel

Post by thesibylqueen »

Atropos wrote:The geranium makes me nervous. I tend to amp florals. :gnome:
I'm a floral amper, too, and I can't say I get a strong floral from this -- I definitely can't say I smell geranium (I'm not sure what geranium smells like!). On me, I get a sweet, ambigu-floral musk that dies down fairly quickly. The lingering impression really is of clean.
My swap/sell list as well as my wishlist: http://www.possets.com/talking/viewtopi ... 1491#p1491
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

Thanks! I may have to add this to my list.
magpie84
a spark
a spark

Post by magpie84 »

Fresh, fizzy, and slightly sweet - reminds me of lemon lime soda. I like this one, but unfortunately it doesn't last very long on my skin. :violin:
sakecat22
mortal
mortal

Post by sakecat22 »

thesibylqueen wrote:This smells like an expensive shampoo to me, and I mean that in a great way. You know, it's sunny out and you've had your hair done, and every time you turn your head, you catch a whiff of your shampoo and it's bright and pretty and clean. The musks -- I suspect the soap or shampoo notes I'm catching -- are cool but not watery or icy. I think I can't catch the citrus, but I do think I get an edge of fir and geranium -- nothing overt, but giving it a bit of that clean, outdoorsy (not woodsy) background.
Actually, Spirogyra reminded me of the Prell shampoo my Dad used to use everyday when I was a kid in the 70s. I think thesibylqueen really captured the description of this scent on my skin beautifully.
woodenmango
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by woodenmango »

On initial application Spirogyra reminded me of dryer sheets, very strong but fresh. Then at some point I got a coconut-lime vibe, very odd! And on the complete dry-down this has a woody sort of quality to it. Quite the morpher. I am a little up in the air on whether it suits me but I will give it a couple more tries. In any case it is very interesting.