Quatrefoil

The wonderful collection of fresh spring fragrances paying homage to the wonders of Sacred Geometry and the system of beauty.

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quatrefoil

Post by Maya »

Possets' description: "A quatrefoil is a shape like a four leafed clover. It is very popular in church windows and can be used to generate 8,16,32 and more sorts of lovely parts. The rose window on this page shows what a quatrefoil can change into with a bit of ingenuity.

A stone-like scented accord combined with a melange of spice, a waft of capsicum and the beauty of a bit of love-in-a-mist. Not the usual collection of ingredients, but this is Possets and we like to explore the beauty of the unexpected. More of a mindful perfume. I would wear it for a seduction at close range when you want to project beauty and a certain mystery. Not foody but somehow like a compliment to your appetites."
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
thesibylqueen
archangel
archangel

Re: Quatrefoil

Post by thesibylqueen »

This one is quite stunning -- it's very spicy, tip of your tongue you can taste it -- cinnamin, some pepper maybe, a hint of clove, and sweet but not sugary. I don't know if Fabienne means love-in-the-mist flowers or seeds, but I understand the seeds are aromatics, used in India, and has a nutmeg-y or cumin-y kind of scent to it. I feel like I get that -- this is a non-foodie foodie scent.
My swap/sell list as well as my wishlist: http://www.possets.com/talking/viewtopi ... 1491#p1491
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

How does your skin handle it? I really wanted to try this one, but I was concerned about how it would feel on the skin. Mmmmm you so made me want to try this!
thesibylqueen
archangel
archangel

Post by thesibylqueen »

It doesn't burn me the way Limoncello Siciliano or Lily and Bart do -- I feel a faint hint of sting where I put it on the inside of my elbow but just as it dried down. My skin isn't red.
My swap/sell list as well as my wishlist: http://www.possets.com/talking/viewtopi ... 1491#p1491
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

Very cool. Thank you!
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

I thank you too! I was worried about red welts. But Lilly and Barth didn't do it. I am going to put this one on my list!
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

I know people may be scared of this because of the spice and potential skin issues, but don't be. This is a wonderful scent with no welts or irritation, at least on me. And it doesn't smell like a spice cabinet or like you spilled cinnamon on yourself. It's spice with a lovely, slightly sweet, background which helps ground and keeps it from being all "OH HAI, CAN I HAZ SPICE NOW?" For those of us looking for a spice but not just spice perfume, this is a winner.
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

Atropos wrote:I know people may be scared of this because of the spice and potential skin issues, but don't be. This is a wonderful scent with no welts or irritation, at least on me. And it doesn't smell like a spice cabinet or like you spilled cinnamon on yourself. It's spice with a lovely, slightly sweet, background which helps ground and keeps it from being all "OH HAI, CAN I HAZ SPICE NOW?" For those of us looking for a spice but not just spice perfume, this is a winner.
How would you say this spice compares to Midnight Mass at Old St. Mary's?
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

I would say that the spice in this is closer to Midnight Mass than Old St. Mary's. I think I've tried both. I seem to recall I have, but neither worked on me. But this is more spice and less wooden pews and a waft of incense. I also get a faint, stone note. I don't know how Fabienne does this, or if I am just imagining it. But is hovers just under the surface, like those very thin stone veins between the lobes of the clover shape in the stain glass windows of the church. Glass, leaded glass,isn't light. And seeing those fine, delicate lines of stone supporting the artfully painted glass is a sight to see. This is that, in a perfume.

I hope that makes sense.
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

Atropos wrote:I would say that the spice in this is closer to Midnight Mass than Old St. Mary's. I think I've tried both. I seem to recall I have, but neither worked on me. But this is more spice and less wooden pews and a waft of incense. I also get a faint, stone note. I don't know how Fabienne does this, or if I am just imagining it. But is hovers just under the surface, like those very thin stone veins between the lobes of the clover shape in the stain glass windows of the church. Glass, leaded glass,isn't light. And seeing those fine, delicate lines of stone supporting the artfully painted glass is a sight to see. This is that, in a perfume.

I hope that makes sense.

Pooh! I meant to say Over the Rhine. I have no idea why my brain went to mass instead LOL.

Your description sounds amazing though, and I'm thinking this may just have to come home to me, too. :rofl: