Quantum Interconnect

The wonderful collection of fresh spring fragrances paying homage to the wonders of Sacred Geometry and the system of beauty.

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quantum Interconnect

Post by Maya »

Possets' description: "Quantum Interconnect means that everything is connected in some way across the universe. In secret Geometry the connection is thought to be the graceful Fibonacci Curve which shows up in so many natural places. A Charming thought and I decided to make one of the perfumes be the product of the influence of this unifying principle. I chose simple darkness to illustrate the point through strength, and longevity. Black amber, black musk, black lavender, black coffee, black oude, black tea. Mmmmmm. Really good."
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
hill78
principalities
principalities

Re: Quantum Interconnect

Post by hill78 »

Straight out of the bottle I get that bitter black coffee edge. Very dark oil. As with most coffee scents, this sweetens and smoothes out once on the skin. A soft, deep background of black musk, with a hint of powderiness from the black amber. Away from my skin I catch hint of a very soft lavender and oude. I don't know that I can pick out the black tea on it's own. This is indeed very good! A sister to my beloved Velvet Lust, but not in any way a twin. I will be ordering a big bottle of this one, for sure!
elfnwitch
primordial
primordial

Post by elfnwitch »

I, too get the black coffee and some black tea straight out of the bottle. This comes across when first applied, but it quickly morphs into a very Nuut-y, earthy, scent with some musk to it, and it retains a hint of the coffee on dry down. Very potent, and quite lovely!
mina
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by mina »

Coffee, woody, earthy scent.
Gemma
archangel
archangel

Post by Gemma »

The first time I tried this scent, it scared me. It is SO dark and strong. I wasn't sure whether to give it another shot or not, when I caught the most amazing woodsy-coffee-musk scent on my sleeve, and realised it was this perfume! That sealed the deal; I had to try again.

I wore it all of yesterday and all of today. Initially, there is a very strong, very murky note that smacks my sinuses and makes me feel a bit nauseous if I breathe too deeply at my wrist. As the oil dries into my skin, however, this starts to take a backseat. The main note I can clearly detect is coffee; rich, dark coffee with almost a cocoa edge to it. The longer I wear it, the more I pick up something soft and sultry; I think it's the black musk. I'm not really sure how to describe it but it's warm like vanilla and seriously sexy. Over time, I get a little amber, the tannin from the tea, and the whole thing merges into something dark, woodsy, and extremely unique. I'm not getting any of the lavender.

The throw on this is awesome and it actually smells better wafting around me than when I sniff my wrists up close. It also lasts forever! I could smell it all of yesterday and, when I hopped in the shower this morning, I got another waft of it as the water hit my skin. It's good stuff. :flow:

Oh, and I tried layering it with just a drop of Madame X. That really softened the initial overwhelming period before it dried AND made the final dry down even sweeter. This oil is a bit scary but worth sticking with! It is not what I would have thought of for Spring but it works. I think it would also be great in Autumn, too.
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

In the bottle, this is the essence of black tea, coffee, and what comes across as thick patchouli.

On my skin: this goes on dominant in those heavy notes (listed above). I thought Phyllotaxis reminded me of Samarkand, Bete Noir, and La Mere de le Bete Noir, but this one (so far) beats out Phyllotaxis for sitting in that dark camp. This stuff is potent and dark like a moonless night.

As it dries: The notes begin to lighten up some and I am starting to get that same sweet note that I got in Phyllotaxis that I think is part of the black musk. At this point, I feel like I smell like a Renaissance Festival--the mingling of all of the dark and heavy perfumes, a bit of headshop, patchouli, and coffee wafting by on the breeze. It's not a scrubber for me, but it's (ehem) not really my cup of tea now either.

Further dry down: this continues to sweeten and light up the way Bete Noir did, but on a perfume singing scale, this one would still be singing bass. I am now starting to get some of the lavender--although I wouldn't have called it such if I didn't know the note was supposed to be in here. What I get is a bit of powdered kick that reminds me of some of the other lavender scents we have around here.

About a few hours out, I realized I was getting some really gorgeous wafts from this one. I still didn't like it as much on my skin, but wow what came by on the breeze was pretty fantastic. It shifted all of the heavy notes into their lighter scale, so the perfume still has gravity, but it's a light gravity if that makes sense, and it's as if all of the notes decided to pretty up and turn on their charm.

Hours later (it's been on about 12 hours), I have an amazing perfume on my skin right now. I get a faint rounding of the edge of tea, the coffee is like the faint hint of what would be left in an empty cup, the lavender has turned soft and powdered, and I have a wood vibe coming through that I'm thinking is the black oude. This had plenty of throw, and even now all I have to do is wave my arms in front of my face to get this scent--although for the past two hours or so, my wrist has been pretty much stuck to my nose and I'm huffing hard because this is so pretty.

This is a surprising winner for me, but it takes a while to get to where we are on speaking terms. :wink:
hill78
principalities
principalities

Post by hill78 »

Mmm.....just put this one on as my selection tonight. That initial coffee blast has smoothed out considerably since it first arrived (and that was only a week or so ago, I think) and I am anticipating that this one is going to become even more gorgeous as it ages. I get more of the black musk and black amber right off the bat now, as opposed to ALLCOFFEE for the first couple of minutes. Yum!
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

I will do a better review later, but I had to put this out there. This is one of the best coffee scents ever, next to Pauline, and Over the Rhine, but especially Pauline. Pauline, the loveliest coffee scent to ever be created, which I have tried to petition to make into the shop cat so it will be permanent. I wear it every Fall when it comes around again. If this scent were made permanent, I'd be so happy.

First impressions are lovely Italian roast coffee beans, so dark roasted they have that almost chocolate smell of a good, dark, roast. And which is, the only kind of coffee I like to drink. Then it blends into something that smells like newly overturned earth or soil. This is for us coffee/dirt lovers. Especially if you have been looking for a coffee perfume that doesn't smell like you spilt your Starbucks on yourself in a traffic jam on the way to work.
dawnwich

Post by dawnwich »

Hmmm... last week, I sat outside of an italian-style cafe enjoying the smell of roasted beans. That's exactly what this reminds me of, beans roasted to where they are perfect and just before you need to disconnect your smoke detectors. It's a very short time between the two, which is why I no longer roast my own beans.

Amber is very bad on me, and tends to take over and make everything smell like baby powder. So when I first put this on my skin, I was in heaven for about fifteen minutes and then started wondering where the diaper pail was when my baby is thirteen. So I washed it off and re-applied on my shirt collar. I didn't realize this was a coffee smell at first -- it interacts with what I think is the oude (the woody, resiny scent) to make something very rich and warm and complicated. This is what I think of as a typical Possets, something foody but with grown up, complicated undertones. As the day has gone by, it's settled into that perfect dark roast coffee bean aroma with something woody just behind it. I can still smell the amber, but not enough to ruin it for me. Someone who likes amber would probably like this even more than I do.
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

dawnwich wrote:So when I first put this on my skin, I was in heaven for about fifteen minutes and then started wondering where the diaper pail was when my baby is thirteen.
Bwahahahahahahahahahaha!
dawnwich wrote:This is what I think of as a typical Possets, something foody but with grown up, complicated undertones.
I love that description! It does apply to so many of the fragrances here.