Quantum Interconnect

The wonderful collection of fresh spring fragrances paying homage to the wonders of Sacred Geometry and the system of beauty.

Moderator: Maya

hill78
principalities
principalities

Re: Quantum Interconnect

Post by hill78 »

I am very glad that amber does not turn into diaper pail on me!
lulu
archangel
archangel

Post by lulu »

Yep, straight off the bat it's all strong black coffee which is great because often coffee in perfumes has a milkiness which just goes sour on my skin.....This is really intense!

A couple of minutes later I start getting a strong floral addition to the coffee- where is that coming from, it's not in the notes? Not sure if I like this combo and then PAPOW it's got a strong sour note coming though!! :cry: Does this mean it's coffee that hates me so? :cry:

Hang on, it's changing.....swirls of dark lavender and the sourness has changed to a lovely bitter brew.

I've had it on for about an hour and it's lightened up a fair bit- the musk has become more prominent supported by a slightly powdery amber and small whiffs of coffee. I will be interested to see how it progresses from here but this could be a winner; I kind of like it's dark intensity and can see there would be certain days I would just NEED to wear this!
thesibylqueen
archangel
archangel

Post by thesibylqueen »

Alas, as with the Walled Garden, this remained all burned coffee all day on me, almost to the point of distraction. I too thought I got a patchouli-ish note, although there doesn't seem to be any in the description. I didn't get tea, amber, or lavender, sadly!

I think I must officially give up hope of a coffee perfume.
My swap/sell list as well as my wishlist: http://www.possets.com/talking/viewtopi ... 1491#p1491
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

thesibylqueen wrote:I think I must officially give up hope of a coffee perfume.
Would you like me to send you a drenched q-tip of Phyllotaxis (I checked your posts and didn't see that you'd tried it)? To me, it's one of the sleeper beauties of this collection. The coffee is (well, like I said in my review) all halitosis coffee breath at first application, but then it begins to dry down into something so beautiful and soft. It's definitely one that shouldn't be judged only on initial sniff--it really needs to interact with skin. I have a feeling Phyllotaxis will not make permanents--just not seeing the love for it--but I love how the coffee plays in it. It's definitely not Quantum Interconnect. Quantum Interconnect is much more loud and hard in many ways which (for my skin) includes the coffee note.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
gypsyjolie
principalities
principalities

Post by gypsyjolie »

You know Snake Charmer by BPAL? Black and red musk and plum? This is Snake Charmer with coffee instead of plum and minus the red fruitiness of red musk. It's deep think powdery black musk, rich smoky amber and deep dark roast coffee. Coffee is strongest at first then the black musk swells up and the scent gets powdery. It calms back down after a few minutes and the lavender shows up, adding a vaguely floral note. this is deep and dark and soft and on me it lasts for a very long time.

I love it but it's quite heavy and I'm not sure it's something I could wear in hot weather. It's sexy.
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. ~ e e cummings
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

Surprisingly, the amber in this does not hate me, as most ambers tend to do. They turn all, potato, or stink on me, someone else said diaper pail. Lucky me, none of that. Amber actually just makes this more lovely. The amber and patchouli blend so well as a base for the coffee, and later the lavender it's amazing. It is all dark coffee roast, not milky spilled coffee, and then the lavender and amber become a floral without the powder or old lady floral smell. This is vaguely floral, and a sophisticated, dark floral. One I can actually wear. I really hope this makes permanent, I have been wearing the heck out of this one. I would love to have access to it any time, Spring, Summer, Fall, or Winter.
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

Wow. Yum. Gorgeous.
Yes, it starts out very bitter coffee. The bitterness goes away and what is left does have a cocoa edge. The black musk/black amber is beautiful! I get a suggestion of lavender. I'm not detecting the black oude on its own but I know it is there making everything more fabulous.
Yet another one that deserved to be permanent. So much of what I triedfrom this collection was just spectacular.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
funkmoppet2
archangel
archangel

Post by funkmoppet2 »

This one has a red musk vibe in the bottle, but not on the skin. On the skin it's a fantastic blast of bitter, dark coffee, black musk and the luscious black amber. Completely delicious. The oude begins to show up as it dries though I'm yet to get any of the lavender. The coffee does fade a bit, but it still lingers and lends a bitter chocolate nuance. Such a winner, and yep, another sad omission from the permanents as so many blends are, especially from this collection. I'm just glad to have snagged this bottle on the Retour.