Phi (Silver Lime)

The wonderful collection of fresh spring fragrances paying homage to the wonders of Sacred Geometry and the system of beauty.

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Phi (Silver Lime)

Post by Maya »

Possets' description: "Phi is a Greek letter which is the symbol of the Golden Section. The perfect wonder of freshest lime and the famous "silver' accord dancing along with a few secret enhancements. Delightful and perfect for spring and summer. Seductive in a fresh but not so innocent way. Suggested by one of the members of the forum."
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
mina
preternatural being
preternatural being

Re: Phi (Silver Lime)

Post by mina »

At first very fresh lime. After a few hours, I can't smell the lime anymore even if I know it's there.
I was expecting a fresh fragrance that will not last long but it's a real, beautiful perfume.
tarayvonne
virtues
virtues

Post by tarayvonne »

Hello silver base! If you love the silver base and you're scared of the lime-then fear not. The lime is gone really quickly into just a hint of it, barely there. This ends up smelling fresh and clean, slightly sweet and silver base, silver base, silver base :-) Just a hint of "fresh citrus" and silver base. If you ever wanted a silver base combination that hasn't been made and you have another perfume that would layer well with the silver base then this would be a good one for that purpose.
hill78
principalities
principalities

Post by hill78 »

I do get mostly the silver base once this has dried and the initial blast of tart, almost fizzy, lime has faded. I'm not sure what else Fabienne has put in here, but it does give the silver base a nice freshness that makes it very springy. Very enjoyable and wearable!
tarayvonne
virtues
virtues

Post by tarayvonne »

Yes, I agree after trying it again today and getting a different impression on it's own instead of with other perfumes stuck in my nose. It still doesn't scream "Lime!" but there is a hint of it that is so light-handed. For me the lime is gone quick leaving just the impression that it was there. There is a "freshness" and hint of citrus that adds something neat to the semi-sweet soft marshmallowy silver base.
puck nc
a spark
a spark

Post by puck nc »

Origin: Straight from Possets

Initial Thoughts: I am a fan of the Silvers. Ever since Silver Violets managed to make my problems with violet disappear for at least this one scent, I've tried many of the Silvers and other than Silver Rose, most of the floral Silvers work nicely on me and are some of my favorites. This is the first time I remember a fruit as part of the mix and I don't always like citrus, but I'll give it a go.

In the Bottle: Very lime, on top of that gently musky Silver base. Unfortunately, the first impression is similar to a lemon furniture polish. But in the bottle isn't the same as on the skin...

Wet: Lime and sweet, slightly woody musk. It's not bad at all, but still has that mental hook of furniture polish going. Must be patient.

Drydown: As it dries and the lime sinks into the Silver, the furniture-polish edge is finally fading. What is left is a soft and rather gender-neutral scent that could be very versatile. I could imagine a guy wearing this when he wants to be subtle. It's potentially a good work scent and definitely a good scent for being quietly sensual.

Verdict: I think I like it. I'll probably play with it a little more and try it on my husband before I decide whether I need multiple bottles like I do with Silver Violets and Silver Carnation.
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

puck nc wrote:What is left is a soft and rather gender-neutral scent that could be very versatile. I could imagine a guy wearing this when he wants to be subtle. It's potentially a good work scent and definitely a good scent for being quietly sensual.
And that just reinforces why I'm so glad I ordered this. I don't have it yet, but I can't wait for it to get here! Holy moly!
jackieo
archangel
archangel

Post by jackieo »

:heartrise:

This has moved to the top of my must have perfume list. I will be buying a big bottle of it. What a beautiful light perfume. It might be my go to perfume for the summer.
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

If Sprite or 7-Up were a perfume, they would go on smelling like this. :grin: In the bottle, I got the flash of the Silver base and a nose full of lime, but once I got it on the skin, oh baby, mmmmmmm!!

Wet: very lime and very sweet. There's something almost effervescent about it.

As it dries: It still contains that sweet bubbliness, but it begins to dry down to that Silver base while still retaining that hint of citrus. It's already shifting away from that initial Sprite/7-Up as perfume (and I'm wishing it would hold on to that--LOVE THAT).

As it dries further: I can see why some got a masculine vibe from it at this point. It's coming across as clean, a little sweet, and a little masculine, but with hints of the citrus coming in behind it all and keeping this from tipping over into total Silver.

Continuing the drydown: This is fresh and a bit comforting. It has a touch of green that reminds me closest of Silver Bells, and there are elements of this one that do remind me of Silver Bells (maybe because both the "Bells" and "Lime" are more delicate notes that allow more of the Silver to come through?).

Where it is on my clothes, I'm still getting an almost fizzy aspect from this. It's fun. Having said that, there's also something very perfumy and pretty about this one. The Silver base is definitely coming in, but the citrus (despite that top big lime note fading quickly) remains a rounding player in this fragrance.

About two hours in, I thought I couldn't smell any of it any more. I met a friend, and she immediately asked, "What are you wearing?!" I sniffed my arm, couldn't smell it, but I held it out to her and asked if my arm was what she was smelling. She sniffed, then grabbed my arm and said, "Ooooh yes!" So clearly, this is one I thought had faded, but others could still smell on me. I can smell it on my shirt, but I couldn't smell it on my wrist. Body chemistry is fascinating. I will say, I do keep huffing what's on my shirt because I am digging that sweet Silver base with that threading through of lime/citrus. On my shirt, the lime has faded down to being more like a lime blossom. Very lovely. This is a happy fragrance for me. I'm glad I have it.
sertso
mortal
mortal

Post by sertso »

It's downright addictive. Love it!