Golden Section

The wonderful collection of fresh spring fragrances paying homage to the wonders of Sacred Geometry and the system of beauty.

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Golden Section

Post by Maya »

Possets' description: "You really should know what the Golden Section is. The Golden Section was used often in glorious works of art (Leonardo was said to have relied on its perfection in many of his paintings). The concept is simple. The Golden Section is a line divided just where the entire line is the same proportion to the larger division, as the larger division is to the smaller. You should feel very smart now for knowing this, it is one of the most jealously guarded secrets of the Renaissance painters!

On to perfume, which has perfect proportions as well! Golden Section is oddly and pleasantly animalic, unaggressively floral, and tempered with 3 ambers (one honeyed, one dry, and one very sweet and dripping golden). A wonderful perfume for "first flirting" with someone who you don't know well, and need to get a boost to overcome their initial shyness. Delightful and silky. Hard to pin down and hard to forget because you don't want to forget...you just want more."
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
Boudicca

Re: Golden Section

Post by Boudicca »

Ok, this is nearly all amber on me -- which is not a bad thing! It's a little lemony amber at first, to me. The floral thing takes maybe 10 minutes to come out and there is not much to it.

I really think my nose is off. Hubby made venison stew for supper (that is the Sunday default) and he asked me how it smelled, while cooking. Could barely smell it with my face right over the dutch oven.

I always have said I suck at picking at picking out notes (though occasionly I surprise myself) but I am getting nothing animalic out of this.

It's nice, it's all about the amber. That's the best I can do to describe it.

Anyone think stress could somehow mess with your skin chemistry?
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
hill78
principalities
principalities

Post by hill78 »

Boudicca wrote:Ok, this is nearly all amber on me -- which is not a bad thing! It's a little lemony amber at first, to me. The floral thing takes maybe 10 minutes to come out and there is not much to it.

I really think my nose is off. Hubby made venison stew for supper (that is the Sunday default) and he asked me how it smelled, while cooking. Could barely smell it with my face right over the dutch oven.

I always have said I suck at picking at picking out notes (though occasionly I surprise myself) but I am getting nothing animalic out of this.

It's nice, it's all about the amber. That's the best I can do to describe it.

Anyone think stress could somehow mess with your skin chemistry?
I am loving that the floral isn't intrusive! I need this nao!
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

Boudicca wrote:Anyone think stress could somehow mess with your skin chemistry?
Absolutely, yes. I've seen it with myself and others many times where perfumes change when we're super stressed. I have a few perfumes that I simply cannot wear when I'm stressed because they go funkerific on me. I've also noticed that when I'm super stressed, my skin itself smells different.

I hope the stress levels go down for you. :flow:
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
elfnwitch
primordial
primordial

Post by elfnwitch »

Mmmm, definitely getting amber, some powdery dryness, and I'm not sure what the animalic component is, but it is there. It reminds me of something (some dried herb), and it is driving me batty that I can't put my finger on it. Although my nose is happily on the wrist. Oooh, it reminds me of "Ma Griffe"! It is a lovely, green floral by Carven from the 40's that I like in the Summer. I haven't worn it in a few years. I just went to basenotes.net, and colormechris had this description:
I'm a guy and I'm wearing Ma Griffe right now and I love it. It is a GREEN green floral with one of the strangest notes in it that I've ever smelled. I can only describe it as "garlic-ey" and it must be the unusual asafoetida infusion. It is a "foul smelling" resin from a plant in the parsley family and much like civet and other types of binders that smell horrid by themselves--it combines with the other elements to heighten and enrich them.
That says it better than I could, but is quite accurate! Definitely loving it! :heartrain:
hill78
principalities
principalities

Post by hill78 »

Mmmm.....lovely combination of smooth ambers. Slightly dry and dusty, which I don't mind at all in this case. Smells like warm golden sunshine feels. I get a hint of floral initially, but it recedes into the ambers quite quickly. Something about this reminds me a bit of Dangerous Oil, not quite sure where the association is coming from. If you like amber, you should certainly try this. I think this would layer very well.
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

Hill, I'm curious... you said you think it would layer well. Can you suggest some potential combinations? I'm having some trouble with this one -- I like it but I don't love it. It doesn't feel quite complete to me so I like the idea of layering. It's like it's missing something. More likely I'm missing something.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
gypsyjolie
principalities
principalities

Post by gypsyjolie »

Pretty layered ambers, thick and golden and slightly dusty, almost "furry". Reminds me of snuggling my nose into my dog;'s sunwarmed coat, plus amber and some hint of some thing floral. The floral is just around the edges of the scent and smells like a white floral (magnolia?) to me. This is a rather heavy scent to my nose - more a fall/winter scent than a summer one.

Good throw, very feminine, stately, a bit powdery from one of the ambers. A mature scent.
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. ~ e e cummings
lulu
archangel
archangel

Post by lulu »

I get lots of oozy honeyed amber at first, later the dry amber does become dominant. I agree with gypsiejolie about the warm pet fur element ( a smell I happen to love!). I don't get any floral, its seems to be all amber to me- I probably wouldn't use a whole bottle of this but if amber is your thing you should go for it!
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

I love the Golden Section as it pertains to the world and geometry, but amber and I don't get along. I suspect that this is not a scent for me. :cry: