Fibonacci Curve

The wonderful collection of fresh spring fragrances paying homage to the wonders of Sacred Geometry and the system of beauty.

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fibonacci Curve

Post by Maya »

Possets' description: "One of the most important concepts in Sacred Geometry, the Fibonacci Curve is lovely to look at, it is a miracle of elegance.

A subtle and attractive fragrance, Fibonacci Curve also manages to be supremely creative yet puts the sophistication into a convention. A Japanese incense starts as a base for a green-black musk of particularly haunting quality. A small small amount of vetiver to nail down the basenotes and give that slight beautiful twist that the right amount of vetiver can give. finally a fine veil of violet leaf and rock rose finish this flagship element off just the way it should be, like the final notes of a symphony. Fibonacci Curve is such an important part of the Scared Geometry series that I had to have a special perfume to serve as its centerpiece. This one is it."
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
Boudicca

Re: Fibonacci Curve

Post by Boudicca »

This could be a contender.
I know some of you get a little worried about incense notes. The one here is *nice*, not overly floral, not hardcore like the incense in Black River or Joan of Arc. (Personally, I like that incense. Sometimes. But this is different.) Japanese, I guess. I also get the vetiver (vetiver has been calling to me lately, so I had to go for this one.) And, yes, I am getting some violet. Drying down a little powdery, maybe, but not too much.
More than worth a try!
:heartrise:
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
elfnwitch
primordial
primordial

Post by elfnwitch »

Straight out of the bottle, I get a very light incense, almost like a very light pine (like a soft, winter pine in the snow, not the strong, potent type!) On dry down, it retains that light incense with a touch of the vetiver coming up, and an almost vanilla-like sweetness. It is quite pleasant and a rather "clean" scent. On me it doesn't have a lot of throw, and for this one, I wouldn't want it to be too strong. It would be very nice to put on before bed for a relaxing, sound night's sleep! :heartrain:
tarayvonne
virtues
virtues

Post by tarayvonne »

elfnwitch wrote:Straight out of the bottle, I get a very light incense, almost like a very light pine (like a soft, winter pine in the snow, not the strong, potent type!) On dry down, it retains that light incense with a touch of the vetiver coming up, and an almost vanilla-like sweetness. It is quite pleasant and a rather "clean" scent. On me it doesn't have a lot of throw, and for this one, I wouldn't want it to be too strong. It would be very nice to put on before bed for a relaxing, sound night's sleep! :heartrain:
Spot on, except I'll add that I smell nag champa in here? Perhaps it's the Japanese incense-not having smelled it I can't be certain but I think that must be it. Maybe it has a slight nag champa vibe to it when wet. This was a solid no for me during the wet stage, but this is mellowing into something quite unique and wearable. I can safely say I have nothing like this in my collection thus far. The pine note threw me off, the nag champa threw me off big time. But the notes have turned into something else on me now. This is a morpher, it's changed completely into something new from the original smell. Matter of fact I think I like it really well...now. Boy I didn't in the beginning but now I'm won over on the dry down. Really lovely and unique.

This collection is really shocking me so far. I put them on and think "Oh no, I hate this", and then pretty soon the perfumes change and make me like them. Tricky tricky :froggie:
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

I think this might be my favorite out of the ones I've tried so far. It makes me think of violet-scented incense.
amberosmanthus
archangel
archangel

Post by amberosmanthus »

Wet: elfnwitch got this one just right - light incense, light pine. I enjoy it from the start, but it does change dramatically once it dries. I had this on my wrists from this morning, and added a fresh application to my arm to compare, and none of my family would believe it was the same perfume!

Drydown: violet scented incense is perfect. The pine disappears. The "weight" of it reminds me of Seraphim. I might have to compare them just for fun. As it ages, I wonder if there is a skin musk in there, or maybe that is the rockrose. It sure has a wonderful lasting power but it stays gentle and goes a tad powdery, but in a good way.

Light, lightly sweet, enjoyable, very wearable, feminine and summery. Another great one.
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

I really* love the incense in this. On me, mostly violet/incense with the musk and hint of vetiver underneath. I have no idea what rockrose smells like. I have found that trying to google smells is pretty futile. If anyone could help me out here, try to e plain rockrose, well, that would just... rock! This, to me, is feminine but not too girly. Comfy, maybe? And the violet is soooo well done. Some violets can be a little iffy.
I really love this one! If it doesn't go permanent... yeah, I'll need a back up. I have totally slipped into the "backup bottle" frame of mind.
Oh, and I do not get the pine thing. My skin chemistry might just be a freak of nature.
lulu
archangel
archangel

Post by lulu »

First off a lovely incense that is so light and pure, not smoky or cloying; it quickly develops a slightly citrus-like edge (which may be green musk?) but this quickly disappears leaving a soft incense-muskiness with a very faint floral undertone.

This stays very close to the skin and I can't say I can identify any violet but this has changed a fair bit since I got it......I actually wish I had voted for it now but jumped the gun a bit; it's so lovely and feminine :heartrain:
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

I got to smell this on someone who doesn't have skin chemistry that turns certain incenses into shopping store dryer sheet aisles. My mother came over on Friday to help me get ready for the festival on Saturday. She saw all of my bottles on the kitchen table where I'd been working to send things out, and, of course, she started sniffing. She fell in LOVE with this one, had to try it on, and it was wonderful on her. I could isolate the note that goes to death on me, but on her the whole was gorgeous and didn't morph into corn tortillas, dryer sheets, with a faint hint of chorizo. Instead, it was feminine and pretty, and I could tell that she felt like a million dollars wearing it. I know who will be getting my bottle!
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
hill78
principalities
principalities

Post by hill78 »

Gorgeous! A subtle and wearable incense that is lovely and feminine. I am glad I waited to vote because this one made it into my top three. The incense is soft and fuzzy, and I think the Vetiver gives a hint of smokiness, but it is very light. This reminds me somewhat of a BPAL that includes a blackened sandalwood that is a wonderful sandalwood that gives a slight feel of evergreen. I almost feel like I'm getting a similar element here. I don't recognize any overtly floral component, which is fine, since I'm not bid on florals. Part of me wishes this were a bit more potent, but I also enjoy the subtlety in the sense that it will make this more wearable in warmer weather. This is just lovely and soothing and I see myself wearing it a lot.