Fibonacci Curve

The wonderful collection of fresh spring fragrances paying homage to the wonders of Sacred Geometry and the system of beauty.

Moderator: Maya

Atropos
virtues
virtues

Re: Fibonacci Curve

Post by Atropos »

Dammit, another I must mourn not making the cut. This is wonderful.

At first I wasn't sure, it was really candy sweet. But after the initial sugar rush, it turns into an "oriental" scent, if that makes any sense. It's very Zen. I could imagine wearing this while meditating in the gazebo at the Byodo-in Temple on Oahu in Hawai'i. I've lit incense and prayed to the Buda statue there, rung the giant iron bell, fed the koi and spoken to the little, wizened old Japanese grounds keeper who feeds the sparrows and doves in his hands while they perch on his shoulders. I've climbed the hill to the little grotto where the creeks dance down miniature waterfalls into the ponds below. I sit, and meditate on bird song, breezes, dancing water, and the smell of incense and bamboo. This perfume could be that Temple in a bottle.

All I can say is thank goodness for retours.
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

I'm glad to see this one getting more love, even if it is too late for the vote. This is my third or fourth post on this one, I think it's fabulous. Partly because the incense is so lovely, partly because it's just fabulous, lol! Must get back up.

Off topic: I haven't been here quite a year yet but keep reading "retour". How often do they generally happen??
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

Atropos wrote:I could imagine wearing this while meditating in the gazebo at the Byodo-in Temple on Oahu in Hawai'i. I've lit incense and prayed to the Buda statue there, rung the giant iron bell, fed the koi and spoken to the little, wizened old Japanese grounds keeper who feeds the sparrows and doves in his hands while they perch on his shoulders. I've climbed the hill to the little grotto where the creeks dance down miniature waterfalls into the ponds below. I sit, and meditate on bird song, breezes, dancing water, and the smell of incense and bamboo. This perfume could be that Temple in a bottle.
I love your description.

Now, for me, this is definitely not that (although I have warmed up to it some). But yes, on my mother, that nails the vibe. I want to go there. Now!
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
allegro_barbaro
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by allegro_barbaro »

I am sad that this one didn't make the cut! It is really beautiful. When I first applied it I literally could not stop smelling my wrist. It was attached to my nose as I desperately tried to gather every nuance. It is definitely incensey but not in a nag champa headshop way, more of an outdoor shrine kind of way. While wet there is a camphorous resiny note similar to frankincense that I find terribly addicting and which burns off much to soon for me. After that it is very comforting and peaceful. I will have this on my Retour list for sure.
"Look like the innocent flower, but be th' serpent under't"
sakecat22
mortal
mortal

Post by sakecat22 »

My bottle is now 3 years old. I get a creamy skin musk with vetiver and violets on my skin. Really gentle and soft, but with a beautiful whisper- distance sillage. I can smell it when I move around. Still beautiful and very wearable. Think I'll stick this in my current office rotation.