Fee

The wonderful collection of fresh spring fragrances paying homage to the wonders of Sacred Geometry and the system of beauty.

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fee

Post by Maya »

Possets' description: "The smallest part of the Golden Section is called Fee. Though it is the smallest, it is essential and quite magical. I see this concept is a very green but not a big simply chlorophyll think but beckoning green. It does contain chlorophyll combined with menthol, and a bit of eucalyptus as a compliment. this rich green base of an ivy essence is there for grounding. A tiny amount of lime is put in for good measure.

Fee explores that warm and familiar side of green grassy foliage in its refreshing aspects. I find that I really enjoy Fee when I am bored and need some inspiration, clears out the cobwebs of inaction and mental sluggishness....makes me downright frolicy!"
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
lulu
archangel
archangel

Re: Fee

Post by lulu »

In the bottle Fee smells very "green", like plant stems. If you sniff really hard you get the smallest amount of lime peeking through.

When first applied, you have the same foliage, fresh and green. This perfume has absolutely no throw on me whatsoever, I am absolutely huffing my wrist to get anything- yep, lovely planty goodness which I'm guessing is the ivy, with maybe the tiniest edge from the eucalyptus. Don't be scared off by the mention of menthol however, there is nothing sinus-clearing about this and I don't think I would even have picked it out if I hadn't read the notes......

After about 20 mins this is non-existent on me and I really slathered it on in an attempt to get something to review but this is short and sweet. I would LOVE this is if it was amplified by about 1000 :cry:
dawnwich

Post by dawnwich »

I thought I smelled grapefruit in here, but I see I remembered that wrong. It must be the lime plus grass which comes across as light, fresh citrus. Grass is one of my favorite scents, and while I couldn't pick it out I think that's why I love this so much. It's pretty strong on me and lasts well. I don't smell any of the individual notes except for the light citrus, so all I can say is that it's a fresh, light, feminine smell that I could wear anywhere. Usually if I say something is perfumey I don't mean it as a compliment, but in this case, the notes balance so well it mostly smells like itself. Perfumey but in the best possible way. I agree with the description that this is a good scent to clear out mental cobwebs.

I wasn't going to buy any more perfumes for a while since I have enough to last the rest of my life, but I'm a mathematician so I couldn't resist a line called Sacred Geometries. Particularly since the concept is actually relevant to the scent for once -- I have to laugh at myself that I'm such a sucker for buying perfume named after books or historical characters I like, but in this case the ratios actually have something to do with the recipe.

Really happy with this one. It's my first review on this site -- usually, there are dozens of reviews out there already so I don't think I have anything to add, but for a limited edition I thought it was more useful.
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

dawnwich wrote:I wasn't going to buy any more perfumes for a while since I have enough to last the rest of my life, but I'm a mathematician so I couldn't resist a line called Sacred Geometries. Particularly since the concept is actually relevant to the scent for once -- I have to laugh at myself that I'm such a sucker for buying perfume named after books or historical characters I like, but in this case the ratios actually have something to do with the recipe.

Really happy with this one. It's my first review on this site -- usually, there are dozens of reviews out there already so I don't think I have anything to add, but for a limited edition I thought it was more useful.
I'm so glad that you did a review! Even on the ones that have lots of reviews, more comments are always helpful because scents respond so differently to different skins. What you said is making me reconsider this one. Now that I think about it, I'm still glad you did a review, but I don't know if my wallet is. :grin:

I too am a sucker for buying perfumes that engage my brain. I'm so glad you posted. :flow:
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

Ditto to what Maya said. The more (reviews) the merrier! If I'm sort of on the tipping point as to whether or not add something to my order I want maximum input.
If you're agreeing with the reviews prior to yours, I want to read it. If you are getting something different, I definitely want to read it.
What's that commercial, is it for insurance? The guy sitting with the little kids, and they're explaining why more is better.
"We want more! We want more!"
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne »

I have had more than my fair share of Maths and I can tell you, It is a truly beautiful science. You can't love Bach and not love Maths at the same time. It's all art, It's all science. :hrt::
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

As someone who is horrible at math (save algebra, which I loved because it had letters, I am a writer after all), I love and respect math. It is,in it's own right, an art and a science. It's beautiful, especially sacred geometry (regular geometry, which I almost failed, aside). I respect those who are good at it (like my mother) and envy them as well. I love Mozart and music, so I on some level love math too. I can't wait to try Fee.
dawnwich

Post by dawnwich »

Thanks for the welcome, I appreciate it, and I will post more reviews. I always love reading them.
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

dawnwich wrote:Thanks for the welcome, I appreciate it, and I will post more reviews. I always love reading them.
Yay! I agree, I love reading reviews as well. I think it's part of the fun. :flow:
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

I agree too Maya! I love reading how Fabienne's creations smell on all of us. It's part of the magic of perfumes, especially since we are all so different.