Arabesque

The wonderful collection of fresh spring fragrances paying homage to the wonders of Sacred Geometry and the system of beauty.

Moderator: Maya

jackieo
archangel
archangel

Re: Arabesque

Post by jackieo »

I guess I lied.. I did end up with this decant.

I love love it! :heartrain: I just wish it had a bigger throw, but it is gorgeous scent. It is on my buy list.
lulu
archangel
archangel

Post by lulu »

Oh wow....I think I just found my perfect perfume! Even though I do like amber, I often find it too cloying for a gal like me who goes for dry, citrus-y blends over heavy resinous ones.

Arabesque is bamboo citrus for the first half hour, so refreshing and uplifting but with that slightly woody edge that stops it from being rind-like or fruity. Waaaay underneath I can smell the vanilla and at this point they haven't blended but those two elements smell incredible side by side!

The amber starts to come through and the citrus recedes a bit, supported by the creamy vanilla. The end result is light, clean and refreshing yet somehow comforting and cozy at the same time.

I agree with Maya that the lemony-amber has some similarities with Naples Yellow; but it is SO MUCH BETTER because of the bamboo citrus which cuts through any sickly heaviness from the vanilla/amber combo.

I am voting for this to become permanent- I don't think there is anything like this in the collection and it's divine! :hrt::
gypsyjolie
principalities
principalities

Post by gypsyjolie »

Pretty, girlie, green - transclucent lemony amber that never goes powdery, a very light non-foody vanilla, and a fresh greenish citrussy tinge that must be the bamboo. Lightly sweet, cozy but refreshing. Beautiful fragrance for summer sundresses and hot weather!
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. ~ e e cummings
Gemma
archangel
archangel

Post by Gemma »

This one was a surprise. I was hoping for vanilla but all I get is a fresh green tea scent. It's really lovely and reminds me of an old perfume I wore many moons ago. My skin must amp the bamboo citrus like crazy!
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

This is a lovely light flirty little citrus. It last longer than most citrus scents on my skin, which tends to NOM NOM them. Maybe it's the bamboo. I love this scent. It makes a wonderful light perfume for the Spring and Summer.
stellamaris
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by stellamaris »

I like the sweet lemony vibe in this, and the amber is not powdery. I love this in the summer.
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats »

Like Gemma, I'm finding that my skin must amp the bamboo, because on me this is mostly a citrus scent. It's very pretty, and the slight whiff of vanilla keeps it from getting too sharp (just as the faint ghost of amber gives it a smidgen of depth), but it's much less vanilla-amber-y than I had expected and hoped.

Since I'm much more a vanilla and amber fan than a citrus fan, this may not get heavy rotation. But it's a refreshing scent well suited to spring and summer, or for when I need a breath of spring during the winter doldrums. It reminds me really strongly of another Posset, but I'm not sure which--maybe Vernal Sun.

ETA: After a couple of hours the citrus recedes a little, and I like the blend better now that it feels more balanced and the lemony quality isn't so dominant. It's still a bright, warm-weather kind of fragrance.
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.
sillageslut
archangel
archangel

Post by sillageslut »

I purchased a bottle on Ebay, unfortunately aging does nothing for this one. I get nothing but lemon which would be fine if I enjoyed lemon scents. I was hoping Arabesque would be similar to Bpal's Habu which I love. Oh well, you can't win them all.