3:5:8

The wonderful collection of fresh spring fragrances paying homage to the wonders of Sacred Geometry and the system of beauty.

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

3:5:8

Post by Maya »

Possets' description: "The perfect proportion. The balance is divine. This perfume is also balanced among its many components so that ti could not need anything more. Stately and a sort of "Sofia" perfume. I would have to say that "Secret Knowledge" comes to mind when I tried to word associate after making this one. Characterized as insidious and sultry.

The darkest of all black musks which I have ever used (very special and only obtainable in small quantities (and I have been aging it carefully in my aging cabinet). A gleaming DRY smokey vanilla which almost is something other than vanilla, it is so complex. Finally it is all finished off with a very light dusting of precious jasmine, but the kind I use is not stinky at all*. Finally a light version of night blooming cereus and a wild incense which is like the lovechild of nag champa, high and dark.

A deep sexual Tantric fragrance.

* I grow jasmines and know which ones are the varieties I like and which ones are the overly aggressive, stinky, or unpleasant types."
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
Boudicca

Re: 3:5:8

Post by Boudicca »

I think this one is going to be popular. The black musk is gorgeous, the vanilla smoky in a good way. I don't get a whole lot of jasmine, but what I do get is the antithesis of stinky. I get the nag champa but it's not headshop like. No idea about the cereus.
I wish it had more throw but I feel a little aging may help that. Also, it may be best smelled only by those you want to get quite close -- I find it kinda cuddley/sexy.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne »

That Black Musk is a Killer. :hrt::
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

fabienne wrote:That Black Musk is a Killer. :hrt::
It is. I LOVE IT!!!
:heartrain:
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

Boudicca wrote:I don't get a whole lot of jasmine, but what I do get is the antithesis of stinky.
Can you give an idea of what the jasmine smells like (other than jasmine lol)? :grin:
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

Like I said (typed, lol) I really did not get too much jasmine. It's mostly black musk, smoky vanilla and nag champa to me. What I got jasmine-wise, it was very light. If I did not know that jasmine was a note I might have just said "something floral" or similar, lol. I suck at differentiating florals! And whatever floral I was getting, on me at least, it was kind of an afterthought. (That's how it worked with my skin at least.)
Though really, when I think about it, none of my 'fumes with jasmine... hmm, I don't understand the "stinky jasmine" thing. Skin chemistry?
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

That works for me. Thanks!
hill78
principalities
principalities

Post by hill78 »

I'll have to try this one again in a couple of days. I tested it over the weekend, during a......let's say hormonally challenged time period, and it was all HELLO EXOTIC FLORALS. Jasmine and cereus (which is indeed reminding me of Champaca), oh my word. Now, I do enjoy exotic florals in moderation, but unfortunately they took over here, but I think this is my skin's doing. This isn't a stinky Jasmine, not at all. It's just that my skin seems to have turned into too much Jasmine and Nag Champa. So, I'm going to try it again in a couple of days and see if my skin will allow the vanilla and incense to play!
tarayvonne
virtues
virtues

Post by tarayvonne »

This smells head-shoppy to my nose more than anything during the wet application stage. Big nag champa vibe, way overly soapy to me like nag champa always smells to my nose. Ok there are the florals, thank God. This has some throw. Still very head shoppy, but also a nice jasmine in the mix. This really is a nice jasmine, not icky or raunchy like jasmine can be sometimes. This has an exotic feel to me, like a Spanish dancer with a flower in her hair might wear. I can't imagine wearing this to a workplace, but for a sultry night out I can see it. I can see this really blooming on a hot summer night out doing something active like dancing. Sexy, daring stuff. Romantic in feel, really "come hither". Not really to my taste though, but for anyone who likes nag champa and jasmine this should be a winner for sure. It is nice, if it were my sort of thing. I'm just not a nag champa person at all. I thought it might be less "in your face" and possibly be light enough for me to wear but I guess not. No problem, my Mom will surely love it.

*I just wanted to add that I scrubbed this off with dawn dish soap so I do more reviews without being influenced by the heaviness of the nag champa and jasmine. I can still smell it, big time on my skin after a good hard scrubbing. I'm guessing longevity to be rock steady on this perfume.
Last edited by tarayvonne on Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elfnwitch
primordial
primordial

Post by elfnwitch »

I got this one because it seemed like a neat combination of scents, even with the nag champa, which can give me a nice migraine. Oddly enough, I can't pick it out of the mix. Even more bizarre is that it smells like lilacs to me. Not the heavy, synthetic lilac that can be as stinky as stinky jasmine, but an earthy lilac, like I get when my lilac bush blooms. Definitely enjoying this one! :grin: