3:5:8

The wonderful collection of fresh spring fragrances paying homage to the wonders of Sacred Geometry and the system of beauty.

Moderator: Maya

mina
preternatural being
preternatural being

Re: 3:5:8

Post by mina »

When I wear this one I got the perfect balance between the "black" notes of musk and vanilla and the floral note of jasmine.
gypsyjolie
principalities
principalities

Post by gypsyjolie »

Surprisingly head-shoppy incense at the opening. then jasmine enters the fray. Jasmine nag champa-type incense. Almost soapy.
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. ~ e e cummings
samcalam
principalities
principalities

Post by samcalam »

This is lovely but definitely not shy- I would not be able to wear it to work but a sultry night out.... The musk is georgeous. A Vavoomy kind of scent to me! Very grown up.
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

Lol, I believe I have worn this to work twice and am thinking about wearing it again tomorrow. It would seem a lot of these scents wear differently on me than on most of the Possets Population.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
stellamaris
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by stellamaris »

I really really love this one, it is all incense all the time, and that is ok by me. I wish I'd gotten 27 bottles.
allegro_barbaro
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by allegro_barbaro »

This one opens with a huge black musk surrounded by soft clouds of powdery incense. I don't get a whole lot of vanilla or jasmine at all. I can see why people think this is head-shoppy but to me it is more the smell of a new-age shop that stocks a variety of excellent quality loose powdered incense made up of various resins, herbs and flowers. I can imagine this fitting right in if you were going to a metal concert. Yeah!!!!
"Look like the innocent flower, but be th' serpent under't"
sillageslut
archangel
archangel

Post by sillageslut »

I picked up a bottle on Ebay but was hesitant because of the poo flower (jasmine). I decided to trust Fabienne's comment about it being of the "not stinky" variety.
The trust paid off. When first applied there was a second were I did smell that indolic note, but it faded as quickly as it emerged. This is the best nag champa type scent that I have tried which does have a jasmine/plumaria flower variety added. The addition of the black musk and vanilla makes 3:5:8 a trippy little fragrance, which I love. It is very reminiscent of Shah Jamal & whosit, The 13th Love Note and Sweet Arabia. So if you like any of those scents, 3:5:8 will be right up your ally. It has heavy sillage and good longevity.
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

This one that when I wear it, I go into my "I can't believe this didn't become permanent!" rant.
I think it's also the one that makes my consider buying every fragrance with black musk that Fabienne makes.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds