Curve

The wonderful collection of fresh spring fragrances paying homage to the wonders of Sacred Geometry and the system of beauty.

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Curve

Post by Maya »

Possets' description: "You have the void, you have the point, you have the line, now bend it into a graceful bow and you have the curve. Beautifully feminine, classic, the perfect celebration of being a woman. Abstract purple lilac essence mingles with the theme-sign for the elegant classic shapes. Grapefruit (pink only) with an extra does of the zest. A drop of Hidecote lavender which has been aged and this becomes a fundamental piece of adornment for your wardrobe. Versatile, yet unique; this gem can stun and delight you alone or as a layering device."
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
puck nc
a spark
a spark

Re: Curve

Post by puck nc »

Origin: Straight from Possets

Initial Thoughts: I love lilac. I love lavender. I'm not crazy about grapefruit, but if it's a top note that means it fades first, right? After so many scents that lean on foody or musk in the last several updates, I am very glad to see a scent strong on the florals that made me love so many Possets scents.

In the Bottle: Sweet lovely florals and a strong shot of tangy citrus. Here's hoping.

Wet: Grapefruitgrapefruitgrapefruit...a hint of lavender underneath...grapefruitgrapefruitgrapefruit...

Drydown: The lavender definitely develops, and I think the lilac does as well, but it's still awfully tart and citrus-y after almost 10 minutes. Staying patient... And after 20 minutes I had to wash it off. The grapefruit never faded enough to let those tempting flowers properly bloom. I might try again when I have more time to let it just sit.

Verdict: If you are a fan of grapefruit, you must try this. If you like florals and citrus, give it a try.
jackieo
archangel
archangel

Post by jackieo »

My decants finally came :pom:

This was the first one I opened... In the bottle I'm totally in love with it. I get grapefruit and lilac right away. I will review more when I wear it tomorrow.
amberosmanthus
archangel
archangel

Post by amberosmanthus »

I'm loving Curve so much more than I expected. This is just gorgeous! I wore it all day today. It was a record-breaking heat wave for us, so this was just perfect. I'll add more detail later this evening.

Well, it is the next morning. Sorry about that. Life got kinda busy!

Anyway, Curve:
Wet: grapefruit, definitely pink grapefruit! (a little sweeter and not as harsh as white grapefruit) with a lilac undertone that softens and sweetens it, but still definitely grapefruit. I'm not a huge citrus fan, but this is fresh, tangy, and makes my mouth water just a tiny bit. Especially delightful on a hot day.

Drydown: As it dries, the grapefruit gradually mellows and drops into the background, blending surprisingly well with the florals and adding a bit of zest and tang as the florals open up. The lilac and lavender take center stage and the grapefruit keeps it fresh and springy. I love that it prevents this from becoming too floral. The lavender has no sign of the medicinal or herbal notes that sometimes come with lavender. I wonder if the Hidcote is cleaner and sweeter in general or if it is just the way it blends with the lilac.. (Fabienne?).

I love this! On me it lasts a long time. I was sniffing it still 6, 7, 8 hours later and it was a great refreshing pick-me-up on a hot day. Niiiiice. Such a good addition to my collection since I don't have very many citrus or fruity scents in general. Perfect for Spring and Summer, or even dreary winter days when you need some energy.
Last edited by amberosmanthus on Sat May 04, 2013 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

amberosmanthus wrote:I'm loving Curve so much more than I expected. This is just gorgeous! I wore it all day today. It was a record-breaking heat wave for us, so this was just perfect. I'll add more detail later this evening.
Oooooh dooooo tell us more! I didn't place an order tonight because I kept waffling about whether or not this should go in the cart.
jackieo
archangel
archangel

Post by jackieo »

This is the lilac perfume I have been dreaming of. I think the grapefruit really balances out the flower note. I think if was straight on Lilac I would not be able to wear it.

So far my decants are 3 for 3. :heartrain:
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

jackieo wrote:This is the lilac perfume I have been dreaming of. I think the grapefruit really balances out the flower note. I think if was straight on Lilac I would not be able to wear it.
I just placed another order but I didn't grab Curve because I was hesitating on that lilac--although I really am so tempted. How does this lilac come across to you? Is it flower, essence? Does it remind you of any other fragrances? I keep looking for a good lilac, but most of them go to funk on me for some reason.
jackieo
archangel
archangel

Post by jackieo »

To me it is full on lilac flower essence. Most commercial lilac smells like old lady. Powdery and not appealing at all.

If you want a sample I can send you a q-tip. Pm me your address if you are interested.
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

jackieo wrote:To me it is full on lilac flower essence. Most commercial lilac smells like old lady. Powdery and not appealing at all.

If you want a sample I can send you a q-tip. Pm me your address if you are interested.
I have a feeling this one will somehow end up in my cart. I am weak. Weak, weak, weak. :s:

:rofl:
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats »

After trying three grapefruit possets--Curve, Point, and Simony (from the Halloween Inferno collection)--I'm coming to the conclusion that grapefruit is going to skew masculine on me. In Curve, the pairing of grapefruit with lilac is unexpectedly harmonious (unexpected because I never would have thought of pairing them, but Fabienne has a brilliance in this area). On me, this is VERY big and powerful, with a ton of throw, and an assertive fragrance as well--not a soft, delicate, or understated one. Drying down, the grapefruit is dominant.

As I mentioned, the grapefruit gives it a masculine vibe on me. On my skin, this is like an attractive, bracing men's cologne if some of the wearer's wife's floral perfume rubbed off on him in a hug. I prefer my fragrances more femme, unfortunately! Still, I can see how this would be a very bright, energizing, and uplifting fragrance, well suited to spring.
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.