Line

The wonderful collection of fresh spring fragrances paying homage to the wonders of Sacred Geometry and the system of beauty.

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Line

Post by Maya »

Possets' description: "The shortest distance in any case. The way a particle likes to travel in space. More down-to-earth elements are introduced as the fragrances move more into the realm of Nature and away from the pop of pure intellect. Again grapefruit signals that this is a construct of the imagination, counterpoints of sage and cedar lift up the blend and cause it to be somewhat woody and slightly smokey. A delight, herbal and fruity."
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
mina
preternatural being
preternatural being

Re: Line

Post by mina »

I really like this one.
Wet on my skin I got a strong grapefruit with something else that I can't identifie.
After a moment the sage and cedar come to play and the perfume become more masculine.
This perfume has a perfect name. You are navigating along a line, from a fruity feminine scent to a woody masculine scent, back and forth.
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

This whole release just needs to be permanent, I swear. I feel that I have gotten more that I felt HAD to be permanent than almost any other collection. Every time I turn around, I find another one to love. Line is no exception.

In the bottle: citrus, a hint of pale smoke, something that feels a little green, and something that comes across as soft (almost bendable) wood.

On my skin: Mmmmm oh so good. I get the faint hint of cedar, but this cedar is soooo very soft. It's like what a baby cedar tree would smell like, maybe. :wink: When I tried this earlier, I had forgotten the sage was in here, and once I read the description and saw it I connected the dots, but this does not ever (on me) come across as S.A.G.E. Instead, this is like the note of sage dropped down significantly, flattened with an iron until smooth, then brushed until soft. This is such a lovely sage note. It's that note that was coming across as coconut to me--coconut without being coconut. I couldn't put my finger on it, but when I saw the notes, I went aha! This sage is so creamy and soft.

As it dries: This almost comes across as tropical, but not quite. It almost comes across as warm and caressing, but not quite. The citrus continues to hold and merge with that gorgeous soft cedar--which turns this into a high-class skin scent in some ways at this point. When I close my eyes, it makes me think of very very classy department stores, where everyone talks in whispers, the clothes are perfectly tailored, and you can smell money and class and power. And yet, this is also much warmer than that--much softer, and gentle, and human.

As it continues to dry: I continue to get that creamy creamy coconut note without being coconut that is clearly the sage being a sneaky super soft sage. At times, the sage does amp up a bit and try to get a bit sharp, but it is calmed by the cedar. The cedar would never do anything so vulgar as to yell, or spank, or swear. No, the cedar simply gently floats down like an angel and awes everyone into submission and good behavior.

I feel like I need a whole new lexicon of words to describe this collection. Right now, I'm trying to classify what I'm smelling and it's just a jumble. This is classy, but soft classy--no hard edges on this one. It's creamy, with the cedar (oh so soft and delicate) being a supporting base, so there's wood in there but it's soft and creamy and snuggly. The grapefruit is so soft in this. I don't think this is astringent, but at first application that is the word my mother used so I suppose to someone else this could have some sharp edges, but it doesn't to me (although she did say it changed almost immediately to soft).

In the final dry down, this merely softens the already beautiful and soft notes from above. It's so cuddly and beautiful and gaaah I wish I had the words for it! It's creamy, lush while at the same time being slightly austere, threaded with powder soft cedar and grapefruit, and just so beautiful. The faint smoky vibe I get from it reminds me of the soft smoky note I love in Fearful Symmetry and Dodecahedron. This is simply beautiful--without a girly floral in sight.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
gypsyjolie
principalities
principalities

Post by gypsyjolie »

wet: white grapefruit and a bit of soft evergreen

drying: The cedar comes forward and reminds me of all the cedar trees on the property where I grew up. It's definitely the scent of the cedar greenery, brightened by the lilting scent of the grapefruit. This is a lovely outdoorsy scent, invigorating without ever being sharp or "fresh".

full drydown: After a while, much of the grapefruit burns off and the cedar softens, becoming more woody as well as the green cedar sap scent. I get the slightly smokey aspect here. The sage also is discernible. All the elements stay surprisingly soft and gentle. This could be unisex, but because it is so soft, it is perfectly easy for a woman to wear. it's a natural-smelling scent and would be wonderful as a room or bath product scent as well.

It sort of smell Wiccan, with the natural scents and the sage. ;)

Outdoorsy, unisex, smooth, refreshing. Nothing perfumey but it's surprisingly elegant nonetheless. Very wearable in cold or warm weather.
Beautiful work, Fabienne! I think this is actually my favorite of the Geometry scents so far.

ETA: I know what this reminded me of - Fascinator. Though Fascinator is much a more "perfumey" use of cedar with a high-pitched musk and Line is fruitier and softer, it's that wonderful cedar scent come again. So lovely. I like to use Fascinator during afternoons when I get sleepy and it helps me get clear-headed.
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. ~ e e cummings
warriortwo
archangel
archangel

Post by warriortwo »

This perfume is comprised of nice things. Grapefruit is nice. I love sage, and sometimes burn a little to ward off evil smells. And of course everyone loves the smell of a cedar box, right?

Except when I put this on my skin, it smelled like wet towels left forgotten and moldering out in the garage.

After about half an hour (I had a cat on my lap and didn't want to get up to scrub this off), I smelled a bit of sage and a bit of cedar sort of dancing around each other, like two magnets repelling one another. It wasn't the most pleasant smell, but no longer like mildew. I couldn't detect any grapefruit. Someone else here mentioned that sage always went bad on them, and I think this might be the case for me, as I recall that other sage scents were also duds.