Epinoia (original name: Euphoria)

Possets makes a 100% natural line which combines beauty with a daring and innovative approach which demonstrates that purity does not have to be boring!

Moderator: Maya

puck_nc
principalities
principalities

Post by puck_nc » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:44 am

Epinoia-"Epinoia" is a state of mind where one is possessed by a fit of supernatural creativity. The perfume Epinoia is a concoction of natural indulgences: cocoa, sweet spice, classy citrus, and vanilla. The natural perfume lovers' answer to foody scents, luscious. I like this one better than the synthetics by a country mile. Keep out of reach of children and adults with a sweet tooth. There is nothing but hedonistic indulgence in Epinoia, nothing good for you or medicinal just pure unabashed luxury.
Origin - Straight from Possets
Initial Thoughts - This was one of the free samples, and I hadn't checked the site for the description, so I was going in blind.
In the Bottle - I smell candy. Something that is both citrus-y and dark at the same time. It reminds me of the description of horehound candy in the "Little House" books: a rich, brown scent.
Wet - It's brown and sweet and very familiar. I can't place it except knowing that it's some kind of candy semll.
Drydown - Very little morphing on me, the sweet brown scent holds.
Verdict - And once I finally looked up the description, I smacked my forehead. Chocolate oranges! That's what I was smelling. But as I don't care for oranges getting into my chocolate, I will pass this one on.

valentina
a spark
a spark

Post by valentina » Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:08 pm

I was most pleased to recieve Epinoia, since I wanted to try out both foody scents (this one and Giddy) before I made a choice. So I was delighted to get this one as a freebie with my recent order... I get a lot of dark chocolate when I sniff it in the vial, but once it goes on my skin, I get deep, dark, chocolate with an orange accent. This reminds me very much of a dark chocolate truffle infused with Contreau. Yum! The orange-like smell calms down after 5 or 10 minutes and takes its place in the background. The scent then warms up and gets just a bit sweeter, but it isn't a sweety-sweet, diabetic-coma inducing chocolate smell, it's very Euro and sophisitcated. It's something that would work very well as a fragrance in the workplace or even worn on an evening out. Very nice!

moonarcana
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by moonarcana » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:36 pm

This reminds me of those chocolate 'oranges' that you whack in the foil and it breaks into individual slices...but definitely the dark chocolate version.

I don't tend to care for chocolate scents as perfume, although I had a pleasant challenge to the contrary with Giddy, but Epinoia - as nice and true as it smells from the vial - is not at all good as a fragrance on my skin. But if you're looking for a deep chocolate citrus scent...give this one a try because it smells like the real thing for sure.

whiskerswhispers
principalities
principalities

Post by whiskerswhispers » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:15 pm

Epinoia
In vial: holy moly, this smells like Terry’s Chocolate Orange. Really. It’s spot on.
On skin: Terry’s Chocolate Orange. Seriously. It also reminds me of Lush’s Whipstick/Heavenly Bodies. It smells like milk chocolate and oranges and I want to lick it off. I can’t smell the spices but I think the vanilla simply sweetens and makes the scent creamy, and the orange note develops juicy tones to it, almost wanting to overtake the chocolate. But it still smells like a Choc Orange. I am this close to drinking the contents of the vial…this is amazing stuff. The only problem is that it doesn’t stick around for very long, it also develops a pleasant golden ‘dried grass/grain’ scent, almost hay like, almost papery-dry, but quite nice, forming a base for the chocolate-orange...I also smell just a bare hint of booze to it at times. Which is very nice but I wish the initial strong 'just dry' scent lasted longer-it smelt good enough to eat. I’m keeping my sample just for that fabulous Chocolate Orange scent.

maribouquet
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by maribouquet » Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:44 pm

GUH. OMG, LOVE.

Dark chocolate orange that dries down into a warm, delicious lightly orange vanilla chocolate. Can't stop smelling my wrist.

And the vanilla doesn't turn plasticy on me! Miracle! Instead it adds a creamy sweetness that makes my mouth water and is completely wearable and divine. I'm so ordering a bottle. Thank you Fabienne, for changing my mind about chocolate scents.

:rainbow:

ETA: I wore this to a party last night, you know the sort where you don't know anyone and lots of mingling is required? Nerve-wracking. But I had my secret weapon: Epinoia makes me feel happy, confident, uplifted and comforted all at the same time. Amazing stuff!

Hawke

Post by Hawke » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:18 am

Fabienne sent me a sample of this with my last order. I'd forgotten what it was meant to smell like, so it took me a few days to try it out. In the vial, it does smell exactly like a chocolate orange, that slightly bitter note of bittersweet chocolate surrounding a very bright, gorgeous orange. (I love citrus scents). I'm sad that it only lasts that way on my skin for a minute, maybe two, before it's gone. Not just morphed but completely gone. I'll try it again to see if time of month changes that. I hope so, because I'd really like it to last a while.

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:40 am

I hear you about Epinoia not lasting. It is 100,000,000% natural and is composed of gorgeous fleeting notes. I don't want to mess this one up with heavy bass notes which would make it last but change its character (I could do that but...ugh, I don't want to...just don't). So, what's a girl to do? Scent locket.

I loved a pretty scent a long time ago that was just gorgeous on my skin but only lasted for a minute before it was off, and I do me totally gone. I put it in a scent locket and I really smelled it strongly all day, all night, and the next day! I think Epinoia will do the same for you if you try it out.

Scent locket is always my secret weapon against fugitive scents.:bigsmile:
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!

aine
mortal
mortal

Post by aine » Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:38 am

Decadent dark chocolate oranges. Very much like European chocolate and an almost liquourlike orange note. Delicious, but as others have noted, fleeting. I actually prefer the amberish resiny note that is left behind (:beret: now I understand why we need the little beret guy, I am really taking liberties with the English language today - 'amberish resiny'??). Still very faint and close to the skin, it would certainly benefit from a scent locket and I'd be interested to see which notes stayed strong.

Gemma
archangel
archangel

Post by Gemma » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:31 am

This smells just like Terry's Chocolate Orange! :D

As it dries down, I get something spicy (it reminds me of cloves), which thankfully does not ruin this delicately foody blend. As others have said, it really doesn't last long enough on the skin, but this is why scent lockets and oil burners were invented.

White Phoenix
primordial
primordial

Post by White Phoenix » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:30 pm

This was a lovely, surprising, and frightening free sample, in that I had four scents left on my unwritten mental wishlist from the Possets current catalogue...and those scents were the four Possettes included in my recent Cambienne order! Epinoia is apparently a fit of supernatural ability to predict others' tastes in fragrance...

In the vial, it's a lovely sweet chocolate brightened by sugared orange, and stays true on my skin. Like creativity itself, Epinoia bursts into a sudden medley of loveliness and then quickly fades...but I always like scents that vanish quickly: it gives me an excuse to use them often. :smile: