SuperEgo

Possets makes a 100% natural line which combines beauty with a daring and innovative approach which demonstrates that purity does not have to be boring!

Moderator: Maya

forspecial
archangel
archangel

SuperEgo

Post by forspecial » Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:20 pm

I was pleasantly surprised by this scent. I had pretty much decided chocolate perfumes weren't really for me, except for a select few that I do like. Super Ego is really nice, though. I love lavender so that's no problem. And this is mostly lavender at first, with just a little chocolate. Even before re-reading the description, I could tell there was more here than just lavender and chocolate. I was guessing some kind of resin like copal. It could be the tonka I'm smelling. Anyway, I have a habit of trying to dissect scents. This reminds me a lot of Bpal's scent Love And Pain, except that one goes off into 'cheap after-shave' territory, a little bit. Super Ego doesn't do that. And for a natural scent, this has a lot of throw and staying power. I could be in for a whole bottle of this one.

PS....I personally don't shake the perfume. I just tip it back and forth a few times, upside-down and right side up. Even though the cocoa oil doesn't mix in with the rest, I can still smell it so I know that it's infusing with the rest of the oil. Although I guess at the end I may be left with a big globule of cocoa oil! :jumping:

puck_nc
principalities
principalities

SuperEgo

Post by puck_nc » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:41 pm

Origin: freebie in my Possets order

Initial Thoughts: I never looked at the various Freuds since I don't like chocolate that I can't eat.

In the Bottle: Very chocolate, very lavender. Dark chocolate.

Wet: Chocolate and lavender, but better-blended than I remember from trying Id and Ego months ago. This is the only one of the Possets chocolate blends that doesn't slug me in the nose with the chocolate. It's still there, but not as in-your-face as the others.

Drydown: It continues to stay mostly lavender on me, with the chocolate more a sweet background note that smooths it out.

Verdict: Hmm. Hmm. I think I'm going to have to play with this one a little.

morningglory
principalities
principalities

SuperEgo

Post by morningglory » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:03 am

I shall have to try it in the scent locket, since it went *poof* in an hour.
Wet: Dry, dark chocolate without being bitter. Less rich than Ego.

Dry: My skin amps sanadalwood like there's no tomorrow, so it quickly becomes the dominant scent, with the chocolate playing backup.

Verdict: I like this better than Ego, and I'll want to try it in my locket.

thelaurenator
a spark
a spark

SuperEgo

Post by thelaurenator » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:11 pm

this is a luscious, dark chocolate and lavender scent. yummmmm.

hyacinth
archangel
archangel

SuperEgo

Post by hyacinth » Thu May 07, 2009 6:08 pm

!@X@##&^**&?@!X!!! I wrote a whole review, pressed some button and it disappeared...so anyway, opened the sample and smelled CHOCOLATE, then grass, then oil-like the oil I used to lubricate my sewing machine. I was soooooo happy when on my arms the chocolate merged with the grass/oil. It was not my usual default word "flowery". It was my other default word "pretty". I asked 3 coworkers to sniff the sample, then my arm. Two coworkers wrinkled their noses..the third sniffed and said 'SPICES'! Later, she said 'OPIUM!" A lot of prevous reviews mentioned tonka.I had to look it up: "It is known mostly for its fragrance, which is reminiscent of vanilla, almonds, cinnamon, and cloves." So there ya go! I did not smell lavender. I did have an odd (for me) sense of well-being, almost calm. I was humming, had a bounce in my step. Then I got home and CANNOT FIND THE SAMPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!
ahhh well...a new day, a new scent...:pisces:

cuervosueno
preternatural being
preternatural being

SuperEgo

Post by cuervosueno » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:25 pm

Whoa! This is really good! It was kind of an impulse purchase: I'd ordered Paisley then remembered, a duh, I had Paisley and didn't like it so why would I buy another bottle? So I thought, quick, see if you can substitute another Natural. I ended up with this.

And it's really good! Possets is making me love notes I don't normally love in perfume, like rose, and now lavender. I enjoy some lavender: I love the smell of the fresh plant. I love Lavender Pepys, and love BPAL's TKO. So I thought why not try this? And I'm glad I did because it is gorgeous and not like what I already have.

I agree it is more lavender than chocolate: in fact, I don't think I'd know there was chocolate in it. When I opened the bottle, I sniffed, and went, ah, lavender! On me, it is fresh and slightly astringent, not even like any lavender EO I've smelled, but more like the leaves of the plant crushed between your fingers. It is SO true to the plant, so pretty! And yet it's clearly not just lavender--I do get tonka as a warm almost vanilla note. Like I said, no chocolate, but I also didn't even attempt to swirl the bottle--just put a tiny bit on fresh from the mailbox, so it may develop more chocolate as I wear it (and if I swirl). But for now, I'm really loving this.

Bravo, Fabienne!:1:

Floria
preternatural being
preternatural being

SuperEgo

Post by Floria » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:07 pm

I was worried that lavender + dark chocolate would be a bit harsh, but this is really a nicely rounded scent. On me, the lavender is the most noticeable note, and the chocolate is more perfumey than foodie. It gets a sweet smoothness as it dries that's probably the tonka.

sakecat22
mortal
mortal

Re: SuperEgo

Post by sakecat22 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:54 pm

Lavender and dark chocolate. The combination reads as patchouli. After about 30 minutes, it reminds me of Ibarra Mexican chocolate with its cinnamon and cocoa notes. As it wears, the dark chocolate note gets creamier and more floral. Even has a hint of tobacco. Beautifully done and a really interesting natural perfume.