Lavender Water Le Soleil

Possets makes a 100% natural line which combines beauty with a daring and innovative approach which demonstrates that purity does not have to be boring!

Moderator: Maya

Kittyflop
a spark
a spark

Lavender Water Le Soleil

Post by Kittyflop » Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:52 am

I was intrigued by these because ever since I started wearing perfume, I've thought of lavender as a masculine or medicinal scent. (Not that I don't mind a good masculine-style fougere now and then, just wasn't sure lavender could play any other role.) But these all sounded so feminine. They definitely are - they are all very pretty and very fresh.

Les Soleil starts of with a citrus candy kick, sweet and a bit tangy. As it dries the sweetness backs off a bit and the lavender and citrus play very well together - a fun scent. Sunny is a great description for it! It's calming as well, puts me in a mellowly cheerful mood.

forspecial
archangel
archangel

Lavender Water Le Soleil

Post by forspecial » Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:48 am

This Lavender Water doesn't shout 'Lavender!'. Actually the lavender is quite subtle. There is a sweet orange/citrus, as well as something kind of sweet and buttery which I assume is the resinous medley. Very nice, and one of my favorite citrus blends that I've tried. Very subtle with little throw, good for when I don't want to broadcast a scent all over the place...maybe good for work? I might try it. This does have a warm and sunny feel, no doubt. Very nicely done.

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Lavender Water Le Soleil

Post by fabienne » Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:47 am

I really like it in a scent locket. It is kept close to you but it does appear when you need it, right out of the locket. I like using all of the Naturals in scent lockets. By their nature they usually don't broadcast as long and as much as the Possets regulars. I like using them in an oil warmer, too.
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!

puck_nc
principalities
principalities

Lavender Water Le Soleil

Post by puck_nc » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:55 am

Origin - A free sample from my latest Possets order
Initial Thoughts - With me, a little lavender goes a long way, so it would have been a while before I got around to trying these.
In the Bottle - Warmed lavender. Definitely worthy of the name "Le Soleil".
Wet - A blend of lavender and floral. I can't pick out any one flower, but the effect softens and mutes the lavender. A very fresh, spring-feeling scent.
Drydown - I get a short phase where the lavender strengthens and sharpens, but it mellows out again into a light and lovely, refreshing floral.
Verdict - I'm wondering how this would work at night to help me sleep. More experiments will happen.

whiskerswhispers
principalities
principalities

Lavender Water Le Soleil

Post by whiskerswhispers » Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:35 pm

Lavender Water: Le Soleil
In vial: lavender, citrus…and is that frankincense? I swear I smell spices here too.
On skin: tangy, zingy, sunny lavender! I love this already. I can smell the lavender very strongly, along with the citrus notes, orange and tangerines mainly, maybe a little lemon…but I also smell resinous notes here, something that could be frankincense, maybe some labdanum too. It also smells quite sweet, and a little spicy-there’s even something here reminiscent of anise. This scent is very golden, bouncy and ever so warm, this is a cheerful fragrance but the lavender stops it from smelling too hyper, and the resins add depth. This scent’s citrus tones down and the fragrance starts to make me think of Christmas-I think it’s the clementine note, which always smells festive to me-that along with a scent of orange peel in mulled wine, a smidgen of resin, I smell something reminiscent of cloves too. I love this, the only problem is that the staying power isn’t great but that’s the nature of citrus and lavender, I’m afraid.
A keeper? Yes, for the sample-I might not get more because my skin eats it, but it’s such a gorgeous and creative scent.

maribouquet
preternatural being
preternatural being

Lavender Water Le Soleil

Post by maribouquet » Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:37 pm

A warm, orange citrus with a languid lavender chaser. Definitely a mood-booster for me, and very light and fresh. Love it!

bunnymama
primordial
primordial

Lavender Water Le Soleil

Post by bunnymama » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:13 pm

I got a sample of this from Fabienne and had to get a full bottle with my last order. This is just an uplifting, happy scent. I like to put a little on before my morning walks and I sniff my wrists during the walk to keep things interesting. It doesn't last a super long time, but then I can just pick a different perfume for the rest of my day. Now I have to decide if I need the other two Lavender Waters...

Syzygy
mortal
mortal

Lavender Water Le Soleil

Post by Syzygy » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:51 am

Lavender can get a bit strident in a leading role, so I was initially somewhat wary about trying the Lavender Waters. I've since learned that Fabienne's lavender can make a believer out of anybody. This is my favorite of the Lavender Waters. All the elements are beautifully balanced, resulting in a perfect blend of sparkle, warmth and depth. This is, quite simply, an easygoing sunny day, distilled and bottled. I reach for my Possette so often that a bottle is inevitable.

etienne
archangel
archangel

Lavender Water Le Soleil

Post by etienne » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:57 pm

I got a Possette of this at a Meet 'n' Sniff today and it is such a pleasant surprise! Usually I associate lavender with sleep blends and don't really like wearing it during the day, but in this one the lavender blends perfectly with the citrus and the resins so that although it smells of true lavender, I don't get that sleepy lavender association. This is indeed a very sunny, warm blend with a little kick from the citrus. The resins remind me a lot of an incense used in a pagan group I've been going to which makes this feel a very familiar, comforting scent to me, too.

I only dabbed on a little and it seemed to last on me really well and have a good throw - I'm going to have to test that properly when I wear this for a whole day soon.

morningglory
principalities
principalities

Lavender Water Le Soleil

Post by morningglory » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:44 am

I a Possette of this from some on the forum and I am in love. I had been leery of trying the Lavender Waters but I don't know what was keeping me back. This is gorgeous. An initial shot of beautiful lavender (not sweet, not floral, not herbal, just lovely lavender scent, very plant like) that dries down to a citrus herbal scent that gives way to a gorgeous waft of resins. It reminds me of my beloved Handkerchief Water only more resinous. I love it, and will need a bottle. I can't wait to try it in the oil warmer.