Lavender Water Les Fleurs

Possets makes a 100% natural line which combines beauty with a daring and innovative approach which demonstrates that purity does not have to be boring!

Moderator: Maya

Kittyflop
a spark
a spark

Post by Kittyflop » Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:55 am

Les Fleurs is simply beautiful. Womanly and pleasing. Confident. This may turn out to be my favorite of the three LW's. I think the relaxing quality of the lavender is what makes it feel confident. I can't identify the flowers but it is not an overwhelmingly 'floral' feel - the florals round out the herbal nature of the lavender and, well, I'm just not finding words here, but this is a gorgeous scent.

puck_nc
principalities
principalities

Post by puck_nc » Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:03 pm

Origin: Straight from Possets

Initial Thoughts: I like a few lavender scents, and hoped that the right flower blend would sweeten it up just enough.

In the Bottle: A very strong lavender shot through with florals I can't immediately place.

Wet: The floral comes out some, but I still can't place it. It's a very deep, heavy floral, but not overpowering in any way. Dark flowers. That's all I can call it.

Drydown: The flowers warm up a bit, but the lavender is extremely strong. I wish I could place the actual flowers.

Verdict: It's a tossup between Le Soliel and Les Fleurs at the moment. I'd like to be able to use one for nighttime relaxation and headache relief. Must experiment more.

maribouquet
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by maribouquet » Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:22 am

Very pretty. The lavender is not too sharp and is beautifully balanced by the other florals. I detect something that I recognize from Frou-Frou...maybe carnation? And I think I smell violet in the drydown.

Soothing. I'm with puck_nc: this would make a good nighttime blend.

aine
mortal
mortal

Post by aine » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:56 pm

Fabienne certainly has a masterful way with lavenders. Lavender Water Les Fleurs is another truly gorgeous lavender blend - classically beautiful without being overstated. The lavender is rounded and fresh and the floral notes complement rather than overpower. This is a woman's fragrance, a stylish and selfassured woman. Not girly, not old-ladyish. I love this because it is so natural and yet so very sophisticated. Must have a bottle. Or seven. :wink:

emmacrew

Post by emmacrew » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:07 pm

This is absolutely gorgeous. The lavender is rounded out with a number of flowers, to my nose carnation is at the forefront and lends a certain spicyness to the blend. In fact, on me this one's spicier than Les Espices! I ordered samples of all three Lavender Waters, sure that this would be my least favorite of the three, but I adore it and it's become my favorite Posset.:heartbounce:

simonetta.vespucci
archangel
archangel

Post by simonetta.vespucci » Tue May 10, 2011 7:03 am

oh my. fabienne is converting me to her silky soft lavenders, sly minx that she is! :wink: i agree, there might well be carnation in here. it also seems there is something like a lemon verbena. whatever it is, this scent was quite a surprise to me, because there aren't many floral scents i go for at this point in my sniffing career. i agree with those who think this is the prettiest of the three lavender waters. really spa-like and lovely! i am somewhat tempted to dump the whole poppet in the bathtub....

sakecat22
mortal
mortal

Re: Lavender Water Les Fleurs

Post by sakecat22 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:45 pm

This scent took a few minutes to organize itself on my skin. Started with a lavender blast, then some olive oil and some dried flowers. It ultimately decided it wanted to be a bouquet of lavender, carnations, lily and some random greenery. Took some time to get there on my skin.

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Lavender Water Les Fleurs

Post by Maya » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:33 pm

Adding Possets description: "Subtle yet pleasingly right, Lavender Water Les Fleurs gives the illusion of a sun-side cottage garden where there is lavender blooming accompanied by all manner of sweetly scented early summer blossoms. Each has its role to play, but all are too well mannered to break the harmony. In this case the whole is more alluring than simply adding up the parts. Characteristics: lavender, unisex, floral, home scent, cooling, summer scent."
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!