Lavender Water Les Espices

Possets makes a 100% natural line which combines beauty with a daring and innovative approach which demonstrates that purity does not have to be boring!

Moderator: Maya

Kittyflop
a spark
a spark

Post by Kittyflop » Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:57 am

Les Espices is the one I ordered in a full bottle, and it turned out very much like I'd hoped. The spices are not strong, but they play in the background of the lavender giving it an earthier and sharper feel. Very grounded, darker, more 'green' than the other two - but warmer, too, in a way. I can see that I'll be falling back on this one quite often as one of my staples.

puck_nc
principalities
principalities

Post by puck_nc » Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:01 am

Origin - Free sample from my latest Possets order
Initial Thoughts - Not a fan of strong lavender, so it would have been a while before I tried this.
In the Bottle - I can smell lavender, basil, maybe jasmine and maybe a hint of mint. The herbal notes are strong.
Wet - This is a very sharp and herby green on me. I'm getting a strong mental image of a vegetable garden with lots of tomatoes and herbs around.
Drydown - It stays very herby on me. I don't know if it's because I use a lot of basil when I make Italian, but now my mental image is of a pizza! Later the lavender strengthens and turns it back into a more traditional herbal scent.
Verdict - Hm. I think I like Le Soliel better.

forspecial
archangel
archangel

Post by forspecial » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:48 am

I have always loved lavender, and I love what Fabienne is doing with it in her Naturals blends. Lavender Water Les Espices combines the sharpness of lavender with a zingy 'bite' of spices. Honestly at first I thought I was smelling baking spices, like maybe clove or nutmeg. Then, reading the other reviews here, I'm second guessing myself, and wondering if I smell basil or some green spices. Either way, I agree that it's warm, with a kick. The lavender that's in the Naturals is lovely and pure smelling. I do feel like it's a high quality lavender.

maribouquet
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by maribouquet » Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:44 pm

This is a very smooth, warm blend. I can't identify the individual spices, but Les Espices has a bay rum feel that is a bit too masculine for my nose - Very well done, but not my personal taste.

whiskerswhispers
principalities
principalities

Post by whiskerswhispers » Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:43 pm

Lavender Water, Les Epices
In vial: warm, spiced, peppery lavender.
On skin: lavender and dark, deep cloves. Maybe a touch of pepper and cinnamon too, there's also a warm woodsy/herbal note to this that I can't identify but I know I've smelt it before. This reminds me of the spices of Winter Solstice with added lavender. it's a dark, soothing spicy scent of cloves and lavender and other warm notes, maybe a touch of vetiver too. It's an unusual and almost therapeutic scent, the sort of thing I'd love to add to a bath and soak in after a cold, dreadful day, with the gentle heat of the spices and the calming effect of the lavender. I think this could work perfectly as a winter sleep blend as well. the drydown is earthier and darker, with clove and something which could be vetiver. Very nice, and it seems to stick to my skin a lot more than the other natural scents, which is surprising for a lavender scent. And as the scent departs, it leaves a trace of patchouli in its wake.

aine
mortal
mortal

Post by aine » Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:26 am

Another truly outstanding lavender blend. Lavender and spices, it sounds perfect for me. And I'm thrilled to say - it is!
I wish I could sink into a vat of Les Espices and wallow in the earthy herbal blissfulness. Aaaaahhh.
Rounded calming lavender leads the way for the warm spices, I think I smell cloves and nutmeg and cinnamon and maybe pepper. It is at once natural and simple and yet beautifully complex. After a dazzling day wearing the equally gorgeous Les Fleurs, I can see myself coming home to a long bath, soft pyjamas and Les Espices. Just the same, this fragrance would be equally appropriate at a highpower business meeting, or an al fresco meal, or anywhere at all.
My husband and I are both cardcarrying lavender lovers (okay we *wish* we had cards :wink: ) and we both agree nobody does lavender like Fabienne does lavender. I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am to have discovered the beauty of these Lavender Waters.

lorencita

Post by lorencita » Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:02 am

This is a very nice lavender blend. I love the spices, it makes it interesting. I like to wear this to bed, in fact all of the lavenders are great for snuggling. This one is definitely my favorite though :)

Polychrome
a spark
a spark

Post by Polychrome » Sun May 06, 2007 10:02 pm

This blend was a pleasant surprise for me! I wasn't sure I'd like a lavender blend, but I love this one. I put it on when I want to feel like I'm at the spa. It's very relaxing and centering, but not necessarily soporific. The lavender is at the forefront at first, and after a while it recedes to let the cozy spices take the spotlight. Wonderful!

rhubarbbear
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by rhubarbbear » Sat May 12, 2007 5:06 pm

this came as a sample in one of my orders (dh isn't a lavender fan, so i tend not to order it myself). YUM!!! i love it. beautiful lavender that fades to a very pleasent spice. i find this to be somewhat gender neutral- but you should know that i tend to find most perfumes called gender neutral way to masculine for me, so take that as you will :) really beautiful!

sakecat

Post by sakecat » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:31 am

Had to comment. This is easily, hands down, my favorite lavender. Some complexity, emphasizes the spicier elements of the flower, minimizes the medicinal notes and wears beautifully. Love this more than many high-falutin lavender scents (i.e. Serge Lutens Gris Clair among others). I am linking to my full comments but I just think this is absolutely stunning. Thank you Fabienne for making this.:Smitten_emoticon: