Ault Park

Possets makes a 100% natural line which combines beauty with a daring and innovative approach which demonstrates that purity does not have to be boring!

Moderator: Maya

forspecial
archangel
archangel

Ault Park

Post by forspecial » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:43 pm

Possets description: "Ault Park-A magnificent floral which gives the impression of a well tended urban park in the midst of its full bloom. The melange features roses but they are part of the harmony, not of the diva sort. This is just full lovely summer at her zenith. If it were colored, it would be the richest pink and clear white. For those who love the scent of flowers but don't like brassy florals. Named after Ault Park in Cincinnati."

What fun, I lived in the same neighborhood as Ault Park in my high school years! I found Possets today and got to sniff the sample bottles there in the store. Ault Park was the one that grabbed my attention right from the bottle. I don't really know my floral scents. This, however, smells like the most un-floral floral that I've ever encountered. I'm mostly smelling a spicy clove-like scent, with a little sweetness behind it. I can sense a little something zingy, almost like citrus. I can smell the rose faintly...very subtle, and if I didn't read the description I wouldn't have guessed there is rose in it at all. There is also a faint earthiness here. Quite an interesting and different scent that I will enjoy wearing and exploring again.

editing because I wonder if the clove I was smelling was actually carnation. I'll have to try Ault Park again, sometimes I can't tell the difference between those 2 notes. : )

Kittyflop
a spark
a spark

Ault Park

Post by Kittyflop » Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:48 am

When first applied, it gives a spicy kick - as forspecial said, almost (but not quite) like clove. It quickly settles down to a spicy floral. I can smell the rose quite clearly, but it's not the overly sharp scent that rose often turns to on my skin. As it dries the spice stays in the foreground, but it's not a spicy-spice - i.e. not cooking spices, it's hard for me to describe. Perhaps it's the rose just doing a different kind of dance. The flowers are singing and strutting, it's definitely not a 'soft' floral by any stretch - it's very energetic. Unique and I'll definitely use up my sample, and might consider a bottle in the future.

puck_nc
principalities
principalities

Ault Park

Post by puck_nc » Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:34 pm

Origin - Straight from Possets
Initial Thoughts - this was a generous freebie in my latest order, but it was one I was considering saving up for. Fabienne had me at "floral".
In the Bottle - Strongly rose, with just enough green. I'm definitely getting an impression of summer-warmed flowers.
Wet - The rose hides quite a bit. I'm getting other florals that I can't put a name to, and a musky undertone that seems kind of woodsy.
Drydown - I'm also getting spices now. Clove is coming to the forefront. In fact, I'm beginning to fear that the clove is going to take over entirely...okay, I think it crested. It balances back out eventually to something that is mostly rose and clove. A very sexy, warm floral.
Verdict - I was a bit afraid there, but I think I will be keeping this and getting a bottle later on. My husband wholly approves of this one.

aine
mortal
mortal

Ault Park

Post by aine » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:02 am

Very much the scent of open-air gardens. Ault Park's beauty is in its subtlety. This is a very faint and fleeting scent on me, which is a shame because it is lovely. I think the pink and white description is perfect, and I can smell roses and carnations. Unfortunately Ault Park doesn't like me as much as I want to like it. :cry:

angela

Ault Park

Post by angela » Sat May 19, 2007 8:07 am

Oh my goodness. I have been wanting to try Possets but I can't afford my bpal habit. Someone sent me a free decant of Ault Park with a sale and I have applied it three times in less than 24 hours and cannot stop sniffing. I love this scent! Maybe it's the clove? I just put more on. I could wear this everyday, it's just perfect to me.

Chickie

Ault Park

Post by Chickie » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:33 am

There's no floral on me at all...cloves and nutmeg, I think? Either way this is quite yummy, not overwhelming and seems to last.

Catsmeow
preternatural being
preternatural being

Ault Park

Post by Catsmeow » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:08 pm

I love Ault Park, too! Flowers and clove!

morningglory
principalities
principalities

Ault Park

Post by morningglory » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:39 am

Wet: I smell like the spices that go into christmas cookies. Definately clove and nutmeg, with some allspice as well. I get no floral at all.
Dry: Suprisingly unmorphed. I still smell spicey with no florals. I like it. I have a hard time with spicey scents, and this one is not causing any allergic reactions.
Verdict: It is not something I will wear all of the time, but it is definitely a nice perfume.

SweetLibertine
a spark
a spark

Ault Park

Post by SweetLibertine » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:29 am

Woo! This is the first Posset I have tried.

It went on with a hint of flowers but definitely a warm undertone. As it dried, it seemed to switch - The flower (definitely some rose in there) came out, but not sharp at all. Very warm. There is still a hint of spice in the background, and it seems to mix nicely with the floral.

gypsyjolie
principalities
principalities

Ault Park

Post by gypsyjolie » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:54 am

I have a sample of the Naturals version of this, if it matters. At first all I get is warm spicy cloves. Not what I was expecting at all! Some dry spicy powdery floral (carnation. and maybe chrysanthemum?) joins the cloves, making it smell a lot like South Carolina. After a while I get a bit of the rose like in Texas, and some of that Possets base sweet musk to soften the scent. Warm spicy floral-that-is-not-floral. This is a LOT like South Carolina to my nose, perhaps a bit softer. It's not at all the green smell I had expected from the description.
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. ~ e e cummings