Zubenelgenubi (Halloween 2007)

Possets makes a 100% natural line which combines beauty with a daring and innovative approach which demonstrates that purity does not have to be boring!

Moderator: Maya

catwrangler
primordial
primordial

Post by catwrangler » Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:21 pm

Bear with me, this is my first review!

Fabienne describes this as "an uplifting citrus, grounded by darker elements. Very sexy and ineluctable."

My review: This is absolutely lovely! An addictive spicy citrus. When wet, the citrus is in the foreground. However, on drydown, the citrus migles delightfully with a gentle spice. I had to look up "ineluctable" in the dictionary (there goes my pride in my vocabulary! LOL), and it means "inescapable." I don't think anyone is going to want to escape this scent -- definitely the opposite. I think my nose is permanently attached to my arm now. Heh heh.

Note: I decant my Possets in perfumers alcohol before wearing them, so my review is based on a mix of 10% fragrance and 90% perfumers alcohol.

Catsmeow
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by Catsmeow » Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:51 pm

Yay, a review for Zubenelgenubi - and a great one at that! Thanks, Catwrangler! I have this coming my way as we speak! :uhhuh:

neuilly
mortal
mortal

Post by neuilly » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:58 am

This is a great scent!...but I think I'd prefer it on a guy. Is there maybe some musk in there? It is pretty much as described. Refreshing citrus but a dark background.

maribouquet
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by maribouquet » Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:25 pm

Mmm, this is very nice! It reminds me of Lavender Water Soleil (and a bit like LW: Espices, too!) without any lavender. Like a cold sun - perfect scent for a constellation!

Catsmeow
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by Catsmeow » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:47 pm

This is a good example of natural perfumery with no synthetics. This reminds me a lot of the 4711 fragrance I remember as a child, just without the alcohol of course. This is bracing and excellent for a gentleman (apply very little as it is potent)! I smell lavender, varied citrus notes, and country herbs. Quite regal with a historic feel. ::trumpets sound:: :fleur:

whiskerswhispers
principalities
principalities

Post by whiskerswhispers » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:46 pm

Zubenelgenubi
In vial: mmm, this reminds me of the Observatory’s spicy scent, with a little lavender or citrus.
On skin: this is a gorgeous scent, a mixture of lavender, herbs, citrus and spice, with maybe a hint of sandalwood or some other fragrant wood at the base, possibly even something resinous. Very sophisticated smelling. It reminds me strongly of the Observatory, and I love that scent because it reminds me of a loose incense which I loved but was discontinued. This has the same spicy scent to it so I love this one as well. There’s a lot going on in here-I smell something sweeter, possibly tonka, adding a hint of powder. I also smell lemon rind, and then a hint of something that could be myrrh. And then some camomile pops up, and then a little bit of amber? This is very complex and intriguing. It also gets sweeter and smoother over time, as a soft sweet powdery (tonka?) scent gently rounds all the notes off. Despite it’s complexity, the notes are very nicely balanced (fitting for a star in Libra) and play together very nicely, to make a warm, slightly exotic, rather dapper and almost gentlemanly (I say almost because this is very unisex to me) scent which is reminiscent of something traditional, but doesn’t smell old fashioned. I’m getting a bottle-I intend to get all the astronomical scents anyway, and this one is even lovelier than I expected.

hyacinth
archangel
archangel

Post by hyacinth » Wed May 06, 2009 3:09 pm

My first impression was LEMON! and I see above that someone mentioned 4711...yep, but then I smell lavender and think oh no, remnants of the Lavender Espices I wore yesterday, then I read above that someone else smelled lavender.
Then...some Fabienne magic...she pulls a bouquet of flowers out of her sleeve! The whole lemony-lavendery thing blooms into...flowers! I kept reapplying it all day, the sample is gone but I keep sniffing the vial----oooooh---empty vial: lemon, lavender gone! FLOWERS...or something mentioned above like resin or tonka or amber or myrhh but to my unlearned nose, I smell flowers. And it's gone too soon...:pisces:

jackieo
archangel
archangel

Re: Zubenelgenubi (Halloween 2007)

Post by jackieo » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:08 am

Another description
In the tradition of 4711 or Hungary Water, Zuben-el-Genubi is an uplifting citrus, grounded by darker elements. Very sexy and ineluctable. Zuben-el-Genubi means The Southern Claw. It refers to the Southern portion of the constellation Libra which used to be the Southern Claw of the constellation Scorpio before it was re sectioned to make Libra. I have made the spelling easier to handle by English search engines and the like

lizbet
mortal
mortal

Re: Zubenelgenubi (Halloween 2007)

Post by lizbet » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:46 am

I am really intrigued by Fabienne's naturals and am so happy she offers them. Zubenelgenubi (can I call you Zuben?) is a lovely brisk, citrus that perks me up just sniffing the vial. It clears the cobwebs and makes me instantly alert, but in a gentle and pleasant way. "Invigorating" comes to mind. I know Citrus is fickle and fleeting, so the longevity is my only sad as other reviewers have stated, but that's not unexpected with naturals.