Friction (Valentine's 2008, Naturals)

Possets makes a 100% natural line which combines beauty with a daring and innovative approach which demonstrates that purity does not have to be boring!

Moderator: Maya

whiskerswhispers
principalities
principalities

Post by whiskerswhispers » Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:54 pm

Friction
In vial: mmm, a gorgeous spicy-herbal scent with a huge kick of bergamot! Smells like earl grey tea!
On skin: a wonderful gritty blend of citrus, rough woods and warm spices and herbs. This is similar to Zubenelgenubi and the Observatory, it’s got a similar scent of lavender, woods, spices and camomile, but this one is heavier on the citrus. I smell lemon and bergamot, maybe some mandarin, and something that reminds me of combava (a dried citrus), as well as spices-I think there’s pepper here, maybe coriander? This is a fascinating scent. after a while I’m sure I smell some vetiver in here. the scent becomes a bergamot, wood (rosewood?) and vetiver scent by the end-I’m surprised at how long the bergamot lasts in here! it smells like a cup of earl grey with no milk or sugar, resting on a polished wooden table. Very sophisticated. I really like this one and have bought a bottle!

laurab
a spark
a spark

Post by laurab » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:10 am

Ah! Vetiver - that's what it is! I think whiskers is right because there is a smoky, grassy undernote here. It is predominantly citrus and very "airy", with the bergamot predominant, and a very cologney feel. It lasts for aaaages, with the base notes becoming precoming more predominant over time. I suspect that if my husband can be persuaded to wear this it will be gorgeous on him - it is a bit more masculine than I can really pull off.

forspecial
archangel
archangel

Post by forspecial » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:15 am

Bergamot.....that does make sense. I've tried bergamot and Earl Grey scents from other companies, and that note doesn't sit well with me. And I think it dominates this scent, at least on my skin. It ends up reminding me of Sweet Tarts candy or fruity breakfast cereal. And generally, I have nothing against citrus notes, so it's a bit of a shame that this one is not working well for me. Also, I remember trying this when it first came out, from someone else's decant. I thought I liked it then! I think I will keep my little sample and try it again a few times. I want what the first two reviewers got from this one!

(for the record, this is the description)
""He who overcomes friction first wins." Those were wise words spoken not by Carl Von Clausewitz, but by his irrepressable wife, Constanza in her now lost book "On Love". Mmmm, make love not war and be armed with Friction! This is another natural perfume of which I am so very proud of. All the tang of citrus which cozies down to a remarkably beautiful perfumy base which perks away for hours. I am loving this one, and I think you will, too. Just because it's unisex doesn't mean it's not sexy...this is sexy. A drop of rose, a hint of reticulated iris and someone with whom to create a bit of friction."

coconutcream
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by coconutcream » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:21 am

i get a very strong smell of patchouli essentiel oil.

Nyx
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by Nyx » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:58 pm

This is a weird one one me. It smells of no one note in the vial. On my arm, it smells lightly of herbal tea and polished wood. As it dries, the wood note departs for a pretty floral but an untraditional one. I get a bit of lavender, rose, polished wood, orange, a stoney iris and one note that really doesn't agree with me that I can't explain. But since this is a long-laster, I'll put some in a locket and report back with additional findings.

rivercitylizzy
primordial
primordial

Post by rivercitylizzy » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:47 pm

Mmmm...delicious Friction! I love the citrusy notes in this--bergamot, yes but for me it's not overpowering the other aspects of the blend, I do pick up some sweet lemon (I totally get where coriander comes to mind because that for me has an element of lemon to its scent) and the fragrant woods. Very complex and evolves beautifully over time, revealing the rose (on me I'm getting more of a green-note rose, so perhaps rosewood is at play here as well), an earthy iris (rather than powdery which does not usually play well on my skin) and a hint of something dark & sexy--which could be vetiver, or patchouli, or both but in very small amounts so as to be a suggestion in the backdrop of this blend rather than the focus. I see a bottle of this in my Possets future :-D

lizbet
mortal
mortal

Re: Friction (Valentine's 2008, Naturals)

Post by lizbet » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:51 am

I'm with Nyx on this one. I think I'm anosmic to these notes because I didn't pick up much scent at all. I'll try it again later as I know scents get stronger when they've had a chance to rest after delivery.

sakecat22
mortal
mortal

Post by sakecat22 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:48 pm

Citrus (which my nose read as orange oil) with rose patchouli. Dries down to a dry, woody cocoa powder with just enough vanilla to offset some of the potential bitterness. For me, this is one of those "grab and go" scents. Reminds me I probably ought to buy another bottle.

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:35 pm

Adding Possets description: ""He who overcomes friction first wins." Those were wise words spoken not by Carl Von Clausewitz, but by his irrepressible wife, Constanza in her now lost book "On Love". Mmmm, make love not war and be armed with Friction! This is another natural perfume of which I am so very proud of. All the tang of citrus which cozies down to a remarkably beautiful perfumy base which perks away for hours. I am loving this one, and I think you will, too. Just because it's unisex doesn't mean it's not sexy...this is sexy. A drop of rose, a hint of reticulated iris and someone with whom to create a bit of friction."
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!