Paisley

Possets makes a 100% natural line which combines beauty with a daring and innovative approach which demonstrates that purity does not have to be boring!

Moderator: Maya

whiskerswhispers
principalities
principalities

Paisley

Post by whiskerswhispers » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:51 pm

Paisley
In vial: patchouli and lots of it. Maybe a hint of incense, but whoa, this is patchy.
On skin: patchouli aplenty, but with hints of other notes like resins and possibly also some cloves and other spices. in fact, I swear I am getting hints of chai spices in here. And then I smell hints of incense, and it smells strikingly like when I try and burn loose incense mixes, the mix of charred resin and wood with smoke and fragrant resin vapours. And then I smell something very reminiscent of black tea, and then more of the cloves and now, cardamom joins in. Yup, the chai is coming back, but it’s not a milky chai. There is a hint of incense too but it’s mainly patch and cloves and dry spice market spices. The drydown is a really lovely patchouli and smoky clove scent. A little bit like The Girls Love Clubbing but without the honey. It reminds me at times of the BPAL scent Clemence as well, but without the carnation note, and with added resins. But overall this does smell like cloth which has had fragrant plants and spices and patchouli enfolded within, and has absorbed the scent. And unusually for a Natural, this lasts for some time and has great throw! I smell clouds of spiced patchouli all around me. I need to give this another try but I am sure I will be buying a bottle of this scent. I love incense and clove scents, and this has those notes all wrapped up in rich patchouli. Fantastic stuff.

mansku11
preternatural being
preternatural being

Paisley

Post by mansku11 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:26 am

If you haven't got a bottle of Paisley yet, please go do so now. :devil: You know you want to.

I got a bottle of this from an awesome swapper, and I LOVE it. No, really, I really do LOVE it. Is there anything bigger than caps in which to express this? :Smitten_emoticon:

On me, this starts out as Patch and Cedar, and I think my skin loves both of those. I smell like a box of high-quality cigars, which is great because I love that smell. I don't know whether there's actually tobacco in this; it may just be some sweetness in the patchouli suggesting tobacco and the cedar compounding the illusion of a cigar box. But it's a good illusion. Once dry, this is a very warm, woodsy, and comforting scent. I've put some on my skin, and some in my hair; my hair is still doing the cigar box thing, and my skin is doing the woodsy spicy thing, so I'm getting the best of both stages.

So glad this is going permanent (right?). I don't know if my bottle will last for long.

etienne
archangel
archangel

Paisley

Post by etienne » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:22 pm

I've already reviewed this but I just have to add that Paisley is also the most amazing scent to layer with other perfumes! I've started putting Paisley into my scent locket and then wearing whatever I happen to fancy on my skin and pretty much everything else I like goes amazingly with Paisley.

HappyLoveJoy
preternatural being
preternatural being

Paisley

Post by HappyLoveJoy » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:23 pm

Wow. This scent evokes exactly to a T what the description says. When I first put it on it was really smoky; literally like there was smoke in the air around me from patchouli-soaked incense. Then comes the part that reminds me of the drawers in antique furniture. They either stink from moisture and age or they smell like fine aged wood with the warm scent of the past that never leaves. Paisley is fine aged wood, perfectly dry and just a touch sweet in the way that wood can be. Like when you burn fatwood and you can see the sap bubbling and caramelizing in the fire. I also get the leather scent but more of the suede side of it. I don't get any spices or anything else but will try etienne's idea of layering to give it more complexity. I can appreciate Paisley's scent but it's not a me scent.

warriortwo
archangel
archangel

Paisley

Post by warriortwo » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:08 am

Paisley! I :Smitten_emoticon: patchouli over any other fragrance component, but of course, there are some patchoulis that are just too cheap-smelling, conjuring up head-shop incense of the 70's. Paisley is a beautiful portrait, with patchouli as the star, and it's refined, rich, and intriguing. In the bottle, it's muddled, but I can only imagine that it's because the various elements are waiting patiently to be put on the skin so they can work their magic. Straight onto the skin I get the scent of leather, a very subtle hint of spice (but as someone who isn't fond of spice, it's pleasing) and patchouli lingering in the background. As it dries down, there is a clean, woody scent (cedar?) dancing with the patchouli.

I am sure patchouli-haters would pick up on it immediately, so it's not a scent for them (or to be worn around them for lengths of time, assuming you live or work with someone who is offended by it) but it is also not a slap-you-in-the-face kind of scent so it would not be bad for general outings. After reading the description, I am delighted, imagining the excitement of opening up a crate of imported, exotic fabrics. It makes me feel playful, and heavenly.

Floria
preternatural being
preternatural being

Paisley

Post by Floria » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:25 pm

This was a little drier than I normally like my perfumes to be, but very evocative. It smells like poking around the back room of an Asian import store, or incense and antique furniture. I just got a sort of exotic spicy woodiness out of it, but my mom, who came of age in the late sixties, picked up on the patchouli and sandalwood very quickly.
I think it would also be good layered with Napoleon and Josephine (which I tried yesterday) or another rose-dominant blend, to sweeten it up a bit. I'm also considering putting a little on some cotton or Kleenex and using it to scent the drawer where I keep all my long gypsy skirts.

Edit: Tried it with N&J this afternoon, with good results.

simonetta.vespucci
archangel
archangel

Paisley

Post by simonetta.vespucci » Thu May 26, 2011 11:31 am

ohhh yes. what else can i add to this thread except that if you love patchouli and woods, GET THIS? and/or make your dude wear some if he is brave enough? it's fabulous. on me personally, very bold, and it's the kind of scent i'd only wear in tiny little amounts... (a few molecules of it must have gotten on the outside of the vial i received, because when i opened the package, i was greeted with a glorious breath of vaguely spicy patchouli.) i agree with those who recommend it as a layering ingredient, although i haven't tried it that way yet - it almost comes across as a very lovely single-note patch.

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Re: Paisley

Post by Minh Scent » Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:11 pm

This is a stunner! If you are a patchouli fan :pom: , you will certainly enjoy the smooth patch that comes out as soon as applied. The woods and spices bloom with time and the end result is gorgeous. Personally, I loved the spices (got mostly cardamom and clove). Bottle list!

ltrittipoe
a spark
a spark

Re: Paisley

Post by ltrittipoe » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:55 am

Just lovely - a very sophisticated patch, with woods, clove and incense. Warm and elegant. Not sweet, though - but not sharp either, smooth and spicy.