Hearts and Flowers (Valentine Collection 2007)

Possets makes a 100% natural line which combines beauty with a daring and innovative approach which demonstrates that purity does not have to be boring!

Moderator: Maya

Catsmeow
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by Catsmeow » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:50 pm

"Hearts and Flowers" description copied and pasted from the Possets website: "The natural Valentine's Day lovey scent! Real cocoa and real Bulgarian rose make love to each other with the intervention of several angelic other ingredients...just like true love! Everything a girl could want, and more. This is the best of the most scrumptious, almost edible but that would be a shame, now, wouldn't it? Characteristics: foody, chocolate, floral, scent locket, home scent, natural."

I've tried other "natural" chocolate & rose combination perfumes before, but in Fabienne's version, the opulence of the Bulgarian rose really comes through! This rose does not get pushed aside by the cocoa. I can see that Fabienne went out of her way to choose a high quality rose oil for this scent. When wet, the Bulgarian rose announces itself beautifully, while for me at least, the chocolate lingers quietly in the background. The roses are big and fat, red and pink, warm and inviting. On the drydown, green spice notes (slightly peppery) emerge from the rose's stems and leaves. Perhaps there is a hint of citrus in this blend? Not sure, as I can't put my finger on it, but it's good. A very nice, sophisticated presentation!

moonarcana
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by moonarcana » Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:09 pm

This scent is delicate and unassuming at first. When I first smelled it from the bottle, I was like "oh, that's a pretty scent" but it didn't really slay me (I was no doubt distracted by the flash and sizzle of Haute Love) but let me tell you, once you get this oil on your skin - it blooms into a perfect bouquet of roses painted upon a beautiful dark chocolate canvas. This is absolutely gorgeous...and WAY sexy!

Gemma
archangel
archangel

Post by Gemma » Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:06 am

This is pure, unadulterated LOVE!

To me, this smells exactly like handmade, authentic Turkish Delight sweets. The kind dusted in confectionary sugar, free of colourings, and so perfectly made that they literally melt on your tongue. The Bulgarian rose is sweet, full-bodied, and seductive, and the cocoa is unassuming; lending a sugared note without being overwhelmingly chocolate-y.

I have bought a bottle of this and will wear it often. It has very good throw for a Naturals blend, and is amazing on the skin and in a scent locket.

I really hope it will be added to the permanent line. :)

forspecial
archangel
archangel

Post by forspecial » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:33 am

Hearts and Flowers really does bloom on my skin...I'm not a huge fan of roses, and this smells great to me. I like a few blends with rose in them, but nothing really that *shows off* roses....this might be the scent to change that. The chocolate is blended perfectly and seems to be in perfect harmony with the rose. This is really growing on me.

The rose does seem to have a slight 'green' component to my nose. Also I got better results from gently mixing the oil, as it had separated a little bit in the vial.

puck_nc
principalities
principalities

Post by puck_nc » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:34 pm

Origin: sniffie from the marvelous eviltemptressdq

Initial Thoughts: I love roses. I love cocoa. But together? Well, cloves and roses work in Ault Park and cinnamon roses work in Cadmium Red...

In the Bottle: Yes, I can smell chocolate/cocoa. Yes, I can smell roses. But so far they're two notes that stand apart rather than a blended fragrance.

Wet: Ugh...I'm getting the Silver Roses effect of lots of green stem. And chocolate-dipped stems don't smell any better. :sad:

Drydown: Well, while the chocolate beats down the green-stem effect, it remains a chocolate scent.

Verdict: Nope, still haven't found a chocolate scent I can see me wearing.

White Phoenix
primordial
primordial

Post by White Phoenix » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:37 pm

I agree with Gemma's comment above that this smells like Turkish Delight. It's my favourite Posset so far, and I'm so pleased to see that it will be sticking around post-Valentine's! There really isn't much not to love here - blushingly sweet pink rose, rich dark cocoa, and the dry-down is a sugary-spicy blend of both.

It is so wonderful to have an organic/natural foody scent, too, as nearly every company I tried before Possets decided that "organic" meant either "smells like a Christmas tree," "smells like Grandma," or "smells like Grandma's Christmas tree." It's nice to have an organic scent that makes a totally different statement, namely, "smells like flowery CANDY and you need about eight bottles numnumnumnumnum." That's a message I can take to heart(s and flowers). :tongue:

alliekat13
primordial
primordial

Post by alliekat13 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:27 pm

I love Heats and flowers---------why can't it last a little longer on?

josefita

Post by josefita » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:58 am

I'm in love with Hearts and Flowers. Must fight the urge to buy more!

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:12 am

Scent Lockets! The Naturals sometimes are fleeting, alas, there is no manmade stuff in there to hold them so they can vaporize on you especially if you are someone who doesn't hold scent long. Scent lockets are the berries for capturing an otherwise fleeting perfume and making it stick around.
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!

portalkat
mortal
mortal

Post by portalkat » Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:30 pm

I knew that I had to order Hearts and Flowers the minute that it was released because chocolate and rose is a favorite combination of mine - I even drink chocolate/rose tea. Fabienne has some of the loveliest rose notes as well as chocolate notes and they are both perfect in this blend. Hearts and Flowers is delicate and not jarring, but lasts for a long time on me. Hours after I had applied it, and I am not a slatherer, I would catch whiffs of it when I moved - lovely!