Hearts and Flowers (Valentine Collection 2007)

Possets makes a 100% natural line which combines beauty with a daring and innovative approach which demonstrates that purity does not have to be boring!

Moderator: Maya

themnemosyne
a spark
a spark

Post by themnemosyne » Tue May 08, 2007 10:46 am

I recieved a sample of this scent with my order and I was thrilled - I had my eye on it from day one. I wore it yesterday and it was every bit as amazing as I had hoped it was going to be. Chocolatey, rosy, sweet and delicious!

AEris
a spark
a spark

Post by AEris » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:33 am

Heartbreakingly beautiful, unintimidatingly sophisticated, naturally alluring. This lovely little scent is what put Possets on my radar- it was love at first whiff. The chocolate and rose swirl together perfectly, with a fresh orangey twist that is simply delightful. I have been wearing this on days when I need a little pick-me-up, and it just smells "good." It lasts about four hours or so on my skin, but I don't mind reapplying since it has such a positive effect on me. I especially love that it is all-natural, and that there are little bubbles of cocoa-oil in the bottom of the sample vial. It looks like a potion, and acts like one! I'm very impressed, and will probably buy a full bottle when funds allow.

willowtreeling
a spark
a spark

Post by willowtreeling » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:20 pm

I love this--i remember a time, about 10 years ago when my friend and I were in the rose gardens in berkeley, ca. we were looking at the roses and smelling them to cheer ourselves out of studying gloom and we found a rose that smelled like chocolate. We were delighted by this and Hearts and Flowers smells just like this. It was my first Posset, the first rich rose scent that I like, and the only chocolate I have found I can wear--all others sort of make me sick ( I wish I felt this way about actual chocolate!)....my only complaint (and it is a minor one) is that it stains my super pale skin..and since I have to slather it since my skin eats fragrance, I don't use this as often as I might do if I didn't have the dark chocolate smear issue....I know I can use a scent locket, but this smells really pretty with my skin chemistry and I like to wear it...I just have to apply it carefully:) I would love to see a Villainess in this!

morningglory
principalities
principalities

Post by morningglory » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:37 am

Wet: Orange chocolate. My skin does some weird stuff to Possets. They never, ever smell like their descriptions. This smells exactly like orange flavored chocolate.
Dry: Yup, that's edible yummy chocolate smell. Much better than Superego was on me. It's rich, dark chocolate made up as hot cocoa.:eatbunny:

Syzygy
mortal
mortal

Post by Syzygy » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:48 am

Wow. This is some fantastic rose right here. This is a slightly tart, regal rose, velvety petals coated with a soft dusting of not-too-sweet cocoa powder. It's romantic and pretty without coming off as being too girly. In fact, it's got a rather grown-up and sexy vibe. Definitely a Valentine scent. The balance of rose and cocoa can vary depending on how well you shake the separated oils together before application. I'd like to try this in a scent locket for longer wear length.

coconutcream
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by coconutcream » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:13 am

I just got my little package of samples today.
I tried Hearts and Flowers which at the beginning smelled of dark chocolate and then according to my daughters smells like orange Tic Tacs on my skin, the scent def lasts a long time.
:babyleap:

thelaurenator
a spark
a spark

Post by thelaurenator » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:38 am

oh my goodness, this is GORGEOUS!!! I definitely detect a little citrus in this blend, which serves to heighten the rich, slightly herbal rose note. The dark chocolate note only serves to ground this magnificent living rose scent. After it fades, I smell only a slightly floral, rich milk chocolate note very close to the skin.

I LOVE THIS!!! After trying this blend, I promptly ordered bottles of Epinoia and SuperEgo. I can't wait to try these other chocolate natural Possets!

Aida
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by Aida » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:33 am

Hey, I never paid attention to that, but I actually really prefer chocolate in naturals than in classic Possets. This one I really like, it was one of the first samples I tried from Possets, and I've been wanting to get a bid bottle since then, and always postpone it, but someday, I'll have to.
The rose is very nice and soft, and the chocolate is a dry almost bitter cocoa to me, it's a very interesting mix, very unique! Really have to buy it now, because I've used up my Possette!

jing_jang

Post by jing_jang » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:35 am

newbie here hi everyone ordered this today & cambienne. this one sounds delish - cant wait:bigsmile:

allegro_barbaro
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by allegro_barbaro » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:28 am

This is just like good quality chocolate covered turkish delight.......yummy yummy yummy. I don't like going around smelling edible though so I like to wear this going into bed and it sends me off into sweet slumber. The lasting power is better than I expected considering that is a 'Naturals' blend, with no aromachemicals in it. Delish!!!
"Look like the innocent flower, but be th' serpent under't"