Lady Z (Valentine 2012)

We took a trip back in time in 2012 to enjoy the intense romance of the Middle Ages.

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Lady Z (Valentine 2012)

Post by Maya »

From Possets' description: "The famous chocolate from Aztec lands, combined with sweetbriar-like almost apple and earthy smoke scent, and a touch of cumin. If you wish to be cloaked in Mystery, this is your perfume."

My mini review: This lady has a touch of skank to her at first application (the cumin really pops on my skin, and I'm interested to see if that will hold down the road), and it is very artfully blended with the chocolate and sweetbriar. Far, far underneath, I'm getting an incensy note (but not a church incense, more like a headshop incense), and not the earthy smoke (yet). Definitely a keeper. She makes me feel naughty in a very fun kind of way.

Edited to add that on the final dry down, the cumin still held, but the sweetbriar came forward a little more and so did the chocolate. The incense became a very subtle base, holding it all together. I love perfume with a bit of fun or funk and this one delivers with the cumin, but even though this cumin really skanked up on my skin, this never went too overboard because the chocolate and sweetbriar held it in. I really love the fun factor of this one.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
goherd
mortal
mortal

Lady Z (Valentine 2012)

Post by goherd »

Ok. This reminds me of pacificas mexican cocoa...but with incense. It is all much better....! At first I thought omg....I just bought 30.00 worth of body odor....at initial application....but it developed into a dry sophisticated masterpiece.
wl552
powers
powers

Lady Z (Valentine 2012)

Post by wl552 »

I got that body odor vibe too, goherd. I don't think it every went completely away for me, though. I've come to the painful conclusion I can't wear cumin. This isn't the first time a scent with that note has went a bit gross on me. I'll let it age a bit and try again later for sure.
fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Lady Z (Valentine 2012)

Post by fabienne »

Just FYI---Guerlain had the hit of the year not so long ago with Pamplalune in their Aqua Allegoria series. That one was an intriguing blend of cumin and grapefruit...the most sweaty and most chilly of fragrances. It is the darnedest thing how we interpret fragrance. For me the Paris Metro will always be Pamplalune and passionate embraces on the platform.
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!
goherd
mortal
mortal

Lady Z (Valentine 2012)

Post by goherd »

I think this is lovely...so lovely...the cocoa adds so much depth at the point of initial application....and fades a bit with the evolution into a sweaty..sweet...smokey deliciousness. I love it bought another 10ml. I know you are thinking body odor? It's the hot damn sexy...sweat not the stinky kid sweat.
wl552
powers
powers

Lady Z (Valentine 2012)

Post by wl552 »

Fascinating and wonderful that we all smell things differently. And we have all these wonderful scents to explore the boundaries of our individual taste. :)
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Lady Z (Valentine 2012)

Post by Atropos »

I love this! Chocolate and cumin! It is amazing! And I never get body odor with cumin. Onions...onions make me think body odor. I HATE the smell of cooking onions, reminds me of sweat, not cumin. But I get that reference. Lucky me, Fabienne is not going to make something with onion, at least not so far as I know. Lady Z is fantastic. The cocoa is not foodie, and the cumin is subtle and adds depth. This is a sexy, sexy, scent. Thanks Fabienne!
gypsyjolie
principalities
principalities

Lady Z (Valentine 2012)

Post by gypsyjolie »

This one works on me. Dark, non-foody, bittersweet chocolate and spicy cumin. It becomes almost smoky or incensey. Very deep and sexy.
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. ~ e e cummings
pink.dot
preternatural being
preternatural being

Lady Z (Valentine 2012)

Post by pink.dot »

I think I amp cumin because I get a lot of it and sadly I can't wear this scent:( I love the cocoa in it but.. I will retry in a couple of months.
tarayvonne
virtues
virtues

Lady Z (Valentine 2012)

Post by tarayvonne »

Lady Z, oh Lady Z...you dirty girl :) This one is a pot-boiler for me, intense. I love it when a perfume leaves me slightly disturbed and scratching my head. This is tamer, more womanly version for me of Serge Lutens Muscs Koublai Khan for men. When my husband wore that, I was repulsed by it, yet drawn to it inexplicably. It was disgusting, yet magnetic. I find a similar situation with Lady Z, although not to that magnitude. It starts out a hot mess on my skin, and this might sound crass but I can't think of a better way to put it: it smells of the moist sweat smell of two people after a long night of passion in a hot climate. It's BO, but in a sexy way if there can be such a thing. It's off-putting and I would be embarrassed if anyone smelled me like that soon after putting this on. But soon, it begins to dry down into this sexy, yet still disturbing smell. As if that couple has just woke up and left the hut they were sleeping in and stepped outside, and you can smell the scents of the lingering fire where ethnic food has been cooking and some spices have been charred in the fire. And still the very faint smell of their bodies wrapped up in that spiced fire smell. Pheromones, and an ethnic food cooking fire gone out. Quite sexy, and still a little questionable. I'll hang tight to this bottle and see how it ages and take it out when I'm feeling sexy and naughty :)