The Trobiaritz (Valentine 2012)

We took a trip back in time in 2012 to enjoy the intense romance of the Middle Ages.

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

Possets description: "Grey musk starts off as a base, with clementine as the top note and artemesia in the middle (actually it's an infusion of artemesia so it won't be too strong and just provide a bit of unsweet background. I add a bit of perfumy fig (not a brown fig accord, this one is very perfumy) and voila, you have a beautiful strong and lovely blend which is somehow dignified and sexy at the same time."

My mini review: She goes on much more perfumy than I expected and it's almost overpoweringly strong. I do like the notes, but tend to shy away from really perfumy perfumes. Jury is still out on this one.

Out of all the Possets I've tried, at first application, this one strikes me most as a "commercial" fragrance. (That's not meant to be insulting, but more so based on the way it hits the air and the strength of it.)

I like her, but I don't like her the way I wanted to. :-( I will try her again in a couple of weeks to see if my views have changed once she settles down from traveling.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
simonetta.vespucci
archangel
archangel

Post by simonetta.vespucci »

(this one needz moar reviews, so i'm copying in my mini review from the valentines' thread, with some additional thoughts):

in the bottle: trobairitz is quite nice, perfumier than i expected. actually kind of like armani acqua di gioia... though i'm sure on skin it could be a whole nother creature.

on skin: yes, acqua di gioia. (some students who'd made it through all 4 semesters of italian with me gave me a bottle last spring because i have a daughter named gioia). i may layer them to give the armani some weight/the posset some throw. fabienne, meet giorgio ;^D it's very soft right now. when i put my nose right up to my skin, the clementine note is absolutely true; but in the throw, i just get gentle sweet musk with a faint citrus edge.

after a few tries - this one is still not a showstopper; i find i'm tending to reach for it when i am not in a mood for O HAI PERFUME (unlike maya, i don't get powerful from this one at all). i will say that today, being a blërg monday, i put some on this morning; just now, i was lying back on the couch alternating between web surfing and work, and vaguely wondering what was the nice sweet musk with the slightly tangy/bitter citrus rind edge that i was wearing. that would be trobairitz!

also - in that it is a soft, "imprecise" feeling sort of musk with a fruity quality, if you like subconscious, you'll probably enjoy this one, too.
Jubilee
mortal
mortal

Post by Jubilee »

Trobiaritz smells like a fresh cologne, definitely like acqua di gio as the reviewer said above. It's quite nice and fresh, a bit of fresh musk, and I do enjoy it.