Viking Queen (Valentine 2012)

We took a trip back in time in 2012 to enjoy the intense romance of the Middle Ages.

Moderator: Maya

tarayvonne
virtues
virtues

Post by tarayvonne »

I'm going to have to revise my review because I truly like this perfume but it doesn't last past 10 minutes on my skin :( I was going to order a bottle but the staying power is too weak to consider it after several more testings. And it's not strong enough to last on my clothes either. Too bad because my inital thoughts were that I wanted it and would order one before they come down.
samcalam
principalities
principalities

Post by samcalam »

Have you tried it in a scent locket or cotton wool in the bra trick? May be worth a shot.
tarayvonne
virtues
virtues

Post by tarayvonne »

Yeah I have a scent locket but I have so many favorite necklaces I prefer over it I don't wear it that often. And as for the bra that doesn't work because I have a bit of a bosom and anything extra in the bra gets squished into oblivion :-?? I'll just have to pass on the perfume I guess. That's ok, can't win 'em all.
hill78
principalities
principalities

Post by hill78 »

Just bumping this as I am considering ordering a bottle of this to accompany Isabella. I see that Taravonne mentioned that this one doesn't last well for her, how have the rest of you found the staying power to be?
hill78
principalities
principalities

Post by hill78 »

On me this is primarily cloudberries and fig, probably grounded and given longevity by the leather (which I did smell while it was wet, but then it backed off behind the fruits) and musk. This is a wonderful warm weather blend, I love warm, fruity fragrances for warm weather. I only tested a dab, am hoping to do a full application after I shower. Will add to this review if the results are different :)
lizbet
mortal
mortal

Re: Viking Queen (Valentine 2012)

Post by lizbet »

This starts off very tart, but as it dries a very smooth, soft leather comes forward balancing the initial fruitiness. Love it!
Nyx
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by Nyx »

Tart berries and leather. Not a combo I would expect would work on me, but it does. There is almost a chilliness to it, too, though I am not sure what that is coming from!
katiushka
archangel
archangel

Post by katiushka »

I'm not really smelling leather, but I'm getting tart berries galore! Lovely, lovely blend - lasts about two hours on me. This one is a definite love.
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

Similar for me. I wanted the leather, that was the selling point for me, but not really getting it though the berries are divine!
If I must have leather with it I can figure out some layering. And the leather could come out with a little rest possibly.... Things change with time
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds