The Romance of the Bees (Valentine 2012)

We took a trip back in time in 2012 to enjoy the intense romance of the Middle Ages.

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

Description: "My absolute favorite from the local candy maker Ester Price. I love these, love them. Thank goodness everyone else goes for the glitzy looking ones and leaves these little lumpy masterpieces alone for MEEEEE!" When questioned about this scent, Fabienne provided a link to the candies that prompted this and it led to honeycomb chips covered in chocolate.

In the bottle, I get a very chocolatey vibe that reminds me of Bridget.

Wet on my skin, I get that same chocolate note that I really liked in Bridget (but without all the tea and Irish kitchen spices). It's definitely chocolate, but more of a dry chocolate, and so far I'm not getting much honey from this.

As it dries down, a soft sweetness begins to rise to the top (at first I thought it was one of the other scents I had tried, but when I really stuck my nose in my arm, I realized it was this) that gives the sense of honey without it being overpoweringly so. As crimescenecleanup said in the Valentine thread, I can see this being unisex because it's dry and not too sweet.

There's also a cuddly aspect to this chocolate that I wasn't expecting. Over all, I would say if someone wanted a chocolate scent without too much other stuff getting in the way, this one might be a good bet for that. Mmmm tasty. :)
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
wl552
powers
powers

Post by wl552 »

I realize I'm a bit crazy purchasing a perfume with two notes that generally don't do well on me, but I was feeling brave when I got this. The area around me wafts with this lovely sweet, sweet chocolate scent. Not really like any I have so far. When I sniffed closely, though, the honey was going off and I started to worry a bit. The throw, though, stayed safe. It's been several hours now and even at close sniff, the off-ness is gone. I'm absolutely delighted.

Honey is 99% of the time not good on me. TRotB is thankfully in the rare 1% I can wear without it going sour or rancid. Beautiful honey sweet chocolate that I'm sure to be reaching for whenever I need a comfort scent.
Jubilee
mortal
mortal

Post by Jubilee »

This smells exactly like a Cadbury Crunchie Bar. Honeycomb wrapped in milk chocolate. Very sweet.
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

To me this smells exactly like Violet Crumble from Australia. I get mostly, as Maya said, snuggly chocolate. A dry, warm cocoa like a dusting of cocoa powder and a lovely sweetness from the honey. It's not cloying sweet either. And it doesn't smell like the honey in any of the "Girls Love" series. This is, I agree, more unisex.