Lancelot

We took a trip back in time in 2012 to enjoy the intense romance of the Middle Ages.

Moderator: Maya

whiskerswhispers
principalities
principalities

Lancelot

Post by whiskerswhispers »

I haven't seen a thread for this scent yet so I thought I'd start one!

Lancelot
In vial: a sharp sour note reminiscent of Pneumatic Lover, with a hint of sweetness.
On skin: anise, and lots of it! I also smell something that could be violet or lavender. The strange sharp-funky note seems to fade and I now smell something woodsy, as well as a sweet note that may be tonka. I think some spices also come out, a hint of incense (a dry incense ash as opposed to resins) and possibly some lilac. This is a very nice earthy-woodsy scent with a hint of purple-silver to it from the lilac/violet, and a rich sweetness. Over time this becomes really pleasant-a soft pale wood scent with warm spices and something musky underneath…it’s a dark musk too. Quite sexy and a little bit dirty too! In fact the more I smell this, the more animalistic it seems to get. This is a really manly musk but with hints of suave spicy-sweet woods. I think there’s some moss or patchouli on drydown. I like this one but it’s not a favourite-I’m not sure about the wet stage and ultimately it’s a tad too masculine for me. It would be very sexy on a guy though!

Moderator note: This used to be a Dreams of Avalon exclusive, and was re-released for Valentine's 2012.
gypsyjolie
principalities
principalities

Lancelot (Dreams of Avalon exclusive)

Post by gypsyjolie »

Got a partial sample of this - ww is spot on above. Woodsy (not pine-y, but cedar and maybe something milder green than pine), some floral that could be violet, lavender, or lilac, and a sweet resin (amber? copal?). I don't get the strong anise smell for more than a minute while wet. Very masculine & almost cologne-y at first, this dries down to a sweetish, soft, pale woodsy smell with a hint of spice. There may be musk or it may be the amber/tonka smell that reads as musk. This is lovely and would be YUMMY on a guy. Girls that are into more masculine woody smells may love this as it is quite sweet once dry.

This would have been a great scent for "Robin Hood", me thinks. ;)
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. ~ e e cummings
gypsyjolie
principalities
principalities

Lancelot (Dreams of Avalon exclusive)

Post by gypsyjolie »

bumping this review thread as Lancelot just got re-released and we can easily add new reviews here. :)
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. ~ e e cummings
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Lancelot

Post by Maya »

Possets' description: "The tragically flawed knight whose flaws made him memorable and courageous. Lancelot was unbeatable in battle and ineluctable in the bedroom. He seduced men, women and horses with amazing ease and sometimes against his will. The paragon of animal magnetism, Lancelot includes the cockiness of a spice based scent with the suavity of magic. Try it."
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!