King Arthur

We took a trip back in time in 2012 to enjoy the intense romance of the Middle Ages.

Moderator: Maya

forspecial
archangel
archangel

King Arthur

Post by forspecial »

"The majestic woodsman turned into the magical king. Legend has it that Arthur studied the ways of the woods and knew a great deal about the flora and fauna of the English forests. Arthur celebrates that aspect of the king with a woodsy, earthy and blend with real staying power and an easy charm. This is a manly fragrance with a great many natural ingredients. Give it a friendly shake before applying as the contents may settle."

There's no thread for this already?

Arthur has a lot of potential, but ultimately doesn't work for me. The throw is actually really nice....slightly sweet, slightly creamy, a touch herbal, a little green. It reminds me of fresh, fresh coconut milk....think 'clear', not 'white'. But whenever I sniff up close, I get a dose of hard liquor that just disagrees with my nose. It reminds me of a stout brown barrel of whiskey. Not a winner for me, but an interesting scent and I bet a lot of folks would like this one.

Moderator note: This used to be a Dreams of Avalon exclusive, then was released for Valetine's 2012.
gypsyjolie
principalities
principalities

Arthur (Dreams Of Avalon exclusive)

Post by gypsyjolie »

bumping this thread as Arthur has just been re-released and we can easily add new reviews here. :)
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. ~ e e cummings
gypsyjolie
principalities
principalities

Arthur (Dreams Of Avalon exclusive)

Post by gypsyjolie »

another old review, adding it here for posterity:

Lilacea April 2008

Mmm, this is very boozy and potent, an orange ambery scent with spice. It took me a while to pin point, but this smells just like dark rum with some spice. The spice is beautifully blended, there may be a touch of pepper, cassis, perhaps a touch of clove, but they blend so well together to make this warm spice that kind of melts into the booze. Very manly, very heady, very boozy.

(http://www.possets.com/possetsforum/ind ... -of-avalon)
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. ~ e e cummings
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Arthur (Dreams Of Avalon exclusive)

Post by Maya »

Adding the Possets' Valentine's 2012 description: "A stone like scent, acorn or beaver, grass stain, oude.Statesmanlike, strong and quiet, this is all the things that Arthur was known to be, along with a great swathe of the outdoors. This is a scent fit for a great warrier king. Nothing timid about Arthur, it is totally out of the ordinary."
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!