Walt Whitman--Leaves of Grass

A fabulous set of Possets commemorating and inspired by works by such poetic geniuses as Dickinson, Ginsberg, Whitman, and more.

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Walt Whitman--Leaves of Grass

Post by Maya »

Possets' description: "This perfume perfectly captures the idea of Leaves of Grass...outdoors in lazy summer, loafing and enjoying the day rather than grinding out work. The essences of glorious chlorophyll is here, plus a bit of ozone and earth. Crush a blade of grass and this is it, but better."
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Re: Walt Whitman--Leaves of Grass

Post by Atropos »

No reviews of this one? Oh please, oh please, do. I love Whitman and this poem. And this perfume sounds wonderful. Pretty pretty please, any one? Beuller?
reverend squid
a spark
a spark

Re: Walt Whitman--Leaves of Grass

Post by reverend squid »

This isn't going to be much of a review because I wore it a few days ago, so I can't give you an exact breakdown..

The main thing I remember is that when I sniffed it from the decant, it smelled EXACTLY like freshly cut grass and I was absolutely blown away. When I put it on, it smelled like that for a brief time, and then, unfortunately the grass went and I got a sort of aquatic citrusy thing, which I assume was the ozone. it didn't have a huge amount of throw and it only lasted for a few hours on me (but my skin soaks things up fast unless they're very strong so YMMV). I didn't get any earth at all.

I haven't tried it since, but if it stayed the way it was at the beginning I would love it to tiny pieces, because it was really beautiful. Once it dried it was very fresh and clean, and actually very nice, but just not my thing. This is just on my skin, though, on the right person this could be awesome.